Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Caring for your table and other questions.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Caring for your table and other questions.

Hi all. My 6ft table arrived today and it's great. It's nice and solid (48kg), the balls are a very decent size and the cushion response is good. It also came with a brush and cover and I have some questions, including this one about care for it:

1. How often should you brush your table? And how should you do it (all in one direction, for example).

2. The table comes with adhesive, stick on spots. Without exception, I've found that with these, the colours almost always slide off the spot by a few mm and it's also the case with this one. My mate just said to remove them, but this doesn't sound like a great idea to me: I don't want to tear the cloth!

3. This is a picture of the underside of the table, as you can see, it has a sort of inner frame. Would it be ok to screw hooks into this to accommodate rests and other cues? I mean, if this table is anything, it is sturdy. Weighs a bloody ton! Total weight of table once up and running is 48kg.

More interesting images to follow, once I've got it up and running, as well as my views on it in case anyone is interested in getting one.

Thanks in advance for any help.

One other thing, and I know it isn't a biggie, but why the hell do you always get a blue ball that looks more like a purple ball with these smaller tables?? The only place I've seen the blue with the proper lighter shade is in the clubs!
    Mobo: GA-P35-S3
    CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E4400 2Ghz
    GPU: ATI EAH4850 512mb DDR3
    RAM: Kingston 2.Gb 240pin DDR2 PC667Mhz PC5300
    Sound: Audigy 4

Hi there mate. Just brush your table when it gets dirty / covered in chalk marks. Probably every day or every other day if you play a lot!

When you brush it always brush with the nap from the baulk end down.

As for screwing into the timber, this will not weaken it in the slightest unless you use some ridiculously stupid big screws.

As for the spots, they will protect your cloth from getting worn by always placing the colours in the same spots. I'd leave them be.

Comment

Originally Posted by checkSide View Post
      Hi there mate. Just brush your table when it gets dirty / covered in chalk marks. Probably every day or every other day if you play a lot!

When you brush it always brush with the nap from the baulk end down.

As for screwing into the timber, this will not weaken it in the slightest unless you use some ridiculously stupid big screws.

As for the spots, they will protect your cloth from getting worn by always placing the colours in the same spots. I'd leave them be.
      Thanks for the heads up on the spots and the brushing advice. And the screws shouldn't be too big, as they're designed for that purpose. I'll confirm it with the supplier, just to make sure they're suitable for my type and size of table.

Comment

The actual colour shade of some balls depends on company that makes them!

Comment

The table isn't running completely true and needs levelling. It comes with levellers on the legs, but has anyone got any tips concerning levelling?

By the way, the brush that came with my table looks a lot like this one:

which is down as a 'rail brush for those places where your normal brush can't reach'. So, do I need something like this:

http://www.bbbilliards.co.uk/product.php?prod=577

or this:

http://www.bbbilliards.co.uk/product.php?prod=579

as well to brush my table properly?
          Last edited by DavisFan76; 27 December 2008, 08:44 PM.

Comment

when you iron your table can you use a normal iron and if yes what setting can you use?

Comment

How do you get the chalk marks out of the cloth? Do you need a cloth cleaner, such as this:

http://www.thurston.co.uk/Pages/Prod...ID=A6540&page=

or will a good horsehair brush do the job?

Comment

Working...
              X