Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Balls jump when they hit cushions

Hello,
    as said in title, balls jump after hitting the cushion when I hit a little bit pacy.
    So my question is : Should I change the cushions' rubber or just the cloth?
    Thank you
    PS: i've got a 12ft wiraka table

This problem may be neither. Usually this trait is common on non steel block cushion tables, when the cushion supporting wood becomes loose or warped. If the cloth is due a replace make sure these are checked for rigidness by the fitter when he does the job .
    ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

I've heard somewhere before that the cushion height maybe causing the problem.
      Other reasons would be dirty/greasy balls and or dirty cloth. I suggest getting some cloth cleaner. Also wipe the cushions down with slightly soapy water on a beer towel rung out. In addition, washing the balls frequently in warm soapy water then rinse them and dry. See if this helps before anything else.
      Last edited by inevermissblue; 23 February 2020, 12:48 PM.
      Cheap and Cheerful! 😄
      https://wpbsa.com/coaches/simon-seabridge/

Comment

Any more info on the table? Is it a home table? How long have you owned it? Has it just started bouncing? What type of cushions does it have? Steel/wood? When was it last set-up? When was the last re-cloth?

Comment

Worn cushion cloth where nap has worn down to weave is the main problem for this , or sweat grease on lower face of cushion flat face .

clean or re-cloth cushions .

if it is a low block and rubber height you can fix by having a strip of cloth stapled under the cushion before re-clothing to lift cushion height a fraction , that is the low cost option

the expensive option is to re block and re-rubber .

[/SIGPIC]http://www.gclbilliards.com

Comment

Working...
          X