Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Table Serial Numbers

Good morning guys,
    Please can you help me identify my table. It has a serial number 6477 in many places and has S.FRODSHAM stamped in a number of places. I am led to believe it is over 100 years old.
    Thank you
    Hugh Grantham

Good morning guys,
    Please can you help me identify my table. It has number 6477 in many places and S.FRODSHAM stamped in many places. I am led to believe it is over 100 years old.
    Thank you
    Hugh Grantham

Comment

not sure about numbers as many of the old details were lost during the War.
      photos of said table will help greatly

I have not come across a table maker called Frodsham, so could be a retailer.

The only "S Frodsham" I came across was a Syd Frodsham, Central African Billiards Agency, Zimbabwe, in the 1980s.

You can use a free image-sharing site such as ImgBB, without registering, to upload your images, you may have to do the “not a robot” checks quickly.
      In ImgBB, change the "Embed Code" to "BBCode full linked", hover over the code, a "copy" will appear, click this.
      Go to your TSF post and paste. You can repeat for multiple images in a single post.
      There are other sites available.
      Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

OK thank you very much, will try that

Comment

look forward to seeing the photos

how long have you had it?
          Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

It is possible that Syd Frodsham may have been the billiard fitter that covered it, or installed it. I have my company stamp and also my `name stamp` which I put on tables which I have covered. it was popular that fitters would either stamp or sign their name to tables they fitted.
            One particular table comes to mind, it was an old Burroughes & Watts table I covered in Cobh Co. Cork about 30 years ago, on the inside of the cushion rail was the fitters stamp and the date 12 April 1913, that was the date the Titanic was in Cobh Harbour taking on passengers on their fated trip to America.
            When you but cheap... You buy twice !

Comment

Working...
            X