New amateur programme

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New amateur programme

This looks a step in the right direction for the amateur game . Along with the EPSB’s new Pro Am series ( link included in this article ) things are setting to happen at last.

https://metro.co.uk/2021/07/16/sight...ture-14883205/

I've a funny feeling our club has signed up to this. Steve Feeny was up about five weeks ago iirc having a meeting.
    This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
    https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

That's great news mate, hope it works well. This is a great game but it needs that shot in the arm for newer generations to get interested.
      No cheap shots...well maybe the odd one if its funny...

Comment

Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post
        That's great news mate, hope it works well. This is a great game but it needs that shot in the arm for newer generations to get interested.
        Pretty sure he promised the club a top amateur tournament will be held here once it all kicks off.

Comment

I met him a few weeks ago , very exciting plans and his enthusiasm is amazing . He doesn’t need to do it but he wants to put something back into the game , which I think is very admiral in this day and age .
          I wish him all the best in this endeavour.
          Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Originally Posted by Neil Taperell View Post
            I met him a few weeks ago , very exciting plans and his enthusiasm is amazing . He doesn’t need to do it but he wants to put something back into the game , which I think is very admiral in this day and age .
            I wish him all the best in this endeavour.
            I completely agree Neil .
            I fully expect there to be some negative response to this from some quarters but in my mind it’s better to do something than sit on the sidelines and do nothing and complain.

Did you have a meeting with him in the match room by any chance?
            Last edited by Starsky; 20 July 2021, 11:46 AM.

Comment

Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
              I've a funny feeling our club has signed up to this. Steve Feeny was up about five weeks ago iirc having a meeting.
              Yep, seems he is doing the rounds and visiting the clubs where the tournaments will be held.
              I hope you’ve got your pen ready to sign up INE

Comment

Originally Posted by Starsky View Post

I completely agree Neil .
                I fully expect there to be some negative response to this from some quarters but in my mind it’s better to do something than sit on the sidelines and do nothing and complain.

Did you have a meeting with him in the match room by any chance?
                It could possibly have been me

Comment

Originally Posted by Neil Taperell View Post

It could possibly have been me
                  I was playing in the club at the time and thought it might have been you but wasn’t 100% , I’ll introduce myself next time 😉

Comment

[QUOTE=Starsky;n1011693]

Yep, seems he is doing the rounds and visiting the clubs where the tournaments will be held.
                    I hope you
                    ill be playing, if I'm allowed, don't know if locals can enter, or is it some type of challenge tour and you have to be part of that.
                    i haven't got a clue what went wrong with that post.
                    Last edited by itsnoteasy; 20 July 2021, 10:06 PM.

Comment

I was playing in the club at the time and thought it might have been you but wasn’t 100% , I’ll introduce myself next time 😉
                      …….will be down in a few weeks trying to play again

Comment

[QUOTE=itsnoteasy;n1011719]

I hope you
                        ill be playing, if I'm allowed, don't know if locals can enter, or is it some type of challenge tour and you have to be part of that.
                        i haven't got a clue what went wrong with that post.
                        Not sure what the in and outs of it is at the moment but I’m sure we’ll find out in due course .

Comment

Working...
                        X