New amateur programme

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post
    Agree about the clubs and conditions, however I did stumble across this academy in Norwich recently (link below) and it was a real eye opener, great tables and reasonable prices for this standard of quality. I like the use of industrial unit type buildings as well because I think they will attract the more serious players over the beer swilling cloth rippers. Don't get me wrong I like a beer or three, but well....you guys get it I'm sure.

https://g.co/kgs/9KukHF

I'm holidaying near here soon and taking my cue just in case of rainy days which look highly likely tbh. Be great to try this place out.
    Looks good .
    There is a new venue opened up in South London which has a similar set up with four Star tables which I’ve played at recently.

Has that venue got anything to do with Barry Pinches ?. It’s in his neck of the wood judging by his waistcoats

Comment

Originally Posted by cueman View Post
      Just seems like it's more about Feeney pushing sight right and making himself a lot of money, rather than it be about the amateur and junior game.

The problem as I've said many times in the past is, snooker is an expensive sport, and getting even more expensive due to high rents for the buildings you need to house full size tables. Clubs closing and never returning, plus costs increasing post covid, good luck in keeping clubs afloat.

Riley's buying up loads of well run clubs 15-20 years ago and then running them into the ground, was the biggest damage though. That put off a lot of good players and many packed up. In my experience, when players pack up snooker, they rarely return.

The final problem is getting kids playing the game. I cannot remember in the last 2-3 years seeing any child under the age of 16 in clubs I've been to. Now, I'm not a regular player anymore, but simply going off what I see and others I talk to, it's a massive issue to get them interested. Most kids haven't the time or more importantly the mindset to play this sport.
      Can’t disagree with those sentiments above.
      I would say though that whatever people’s opinion on Steve Feeney and his motifs in my mind it’s better to do something than to do nothing .

Comment

Originally Posted by Starsky View Post

Looks good .
        There is a new venue opened up in South London which has a similar set up with four Star tables which I’ve played at recently.

Has that venue got anything to do with Barry Pinches ?. It’s in his neck of the wood judging by his waistcoats
        Not sure mate, there isn't that much information available. I'll give them a call beforehand and find out what the deal is, looks like no membership required but will see.
        ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Originally Posted by Starsky View Post

Can’t disagree with those sentiments above.
          I would say though that whatever people’s opinion on Steve Feeney and his motifs in my mind it’s better to do something than to do nothing .
          Gotta agree with that sentiment too, at the end of the day there will be no snooker at all on TV as a sport/game without some/any form of promotion be it for financial gain or pure love of the sport. In business it's unlikely promotion will come about without the thought of financial gain the two go together whether we like it or not and I for one will take any form of promotion for snooker over none...
          ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Originally Posted by cueman View Post
            Just seems like it's more about Feeney pushing sight right and making himself a lot of money, rather than it be about the amateur and junior game.

The problem as I've said many times in the past is, snooker is an expensive sport, and getting even more expensive due to high rents for the buildings you need to house full size tables. Clubs closing and never returning, plus costs increasing post covid, good luck in keeping clubs afloat.

Riley's buying up loads of well run clubs 15-20 years ago and then running them into the ground, was the biggest damage though. That put off a lot of good players and many packed up. In my experience, when players pack up snooker, they rarely return.

The final problem is getting kids playing the game. I cannot remember in the last 2-3 years seeing any child under the age of 16 in clubs I've been to. Now, I'm not a regular player anymore, but simply going off what I see and others I talk to, it's a massive issue to get them interested. Most kids haven't the time or more importantly the mindset to play this sport.
            Good points and I agree with many, but most importantly you are right about expense and this only increasing but unfortunately this means even more that people like Stephen Feeney are needed for promotion of the game. If he generates income he can potentially harness many facilities and improve them from funding he makes to become arenas for his sight right techniques. Ultimately that will be win win for many of us, make the conditions more attractive for young and old! It's a big picture and a way off but a possibility at least and thats worth clinging on to IMHO.
            ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

forget star tables,forget perfect playing conditions, just promote tourneys, dont forget if you are playing on a sxxxe table so is your oppo

Comment

Just posting up some content that might prove useful to amateurs.

⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

More content from Warrs snooker channel, Edd makes a nice ton on a very slow heavy table in the second frame! He's looking for like minded souls to play a match with. I'm scheduled to play one with him at some point so should be a good laugh for everyone! 🤣
                  ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

[QUOTE=Cue crafty;n1028429]More content from Warrs snooker channel, Edd makes a nice ton on a very slow heavy table in the second frame! He's looking for like minded souls to play a match with. I'm scheduled to play one with him at some point so should be a good laugh for everyone!
                    Will it be streamed live CC?
                    This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                    https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

[QUOTE=itsnoteasy;n1028435]
                      Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post
                      More content from Warrs snooker channel, Edd makes a nice ton on a very slow heavy table in the second frame! He's looking for like minded souls to play a match with. I'm scheduled to play one with him at some point so should be a good laugh for everyone!
                      Will it be streamed live CC?
                      not likely, I'm not brave enough for that! If I crack under camera pressure I will remain firmly in the cutting room bin.... 😉
                      ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

I couldn't play getting filmed. I filmed myself just practicing and that was nerve wracking.
                        This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                        https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Working...
                        X