Northern Masters champion targets national title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Northern Masters champion targets national title

LAST season’s Northern English Masters Tour snooker champion is now targeting the national title.

Derby cueman Jamie Bodle reckons he’s in a “strong position” after emerging victorious from the sixth leg at Jesters Snooker Hall, Swindon.

The north and south tours have been combined this season. Bodle is now joint second with Michael Henson (Barnsley), behind rankings leader Wayne Brown (Merseyside), with two tournaments left.

Bodle - who recovered from a shaky start in the group stages - defeated Henson 3-0 in the final, which means both players are on 804 points.

“The day started very bad for me, losing 3-0 in my opening round-robin group match (to Kev Matthews, from Rugeley),” he said. “But I managed to find my form and only lost two more frames throughout the rest of the day.

“I am certainly aiming to top the rankings again this year. I sit second at the moment so I’m in a strong position going into the last two events.”

Anthony Harris (Sutton Coldfield) compiled two centuries, 107 and 101, during the day.

The seventh leg of eight is at Cambridge Snooker Centre on Saturday, April 19.

Tim Dunkley
    EASB Media Officer South and World Snooker coach

The English Association of Snooker & Billiards is the national governing body for the amateur game in this country. For more information about competitions, rankings lists and results, see www.easb.co.uk.
    http://www.snooker-coach.co.uk
Working...
X