Howe's about moving to Dunstable

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Howe's about moving to Dunstable

BASILDON break-builder Nigel Howe quipped that he’s considering moving to Dunstable after winning a snooker tournament there for the second year running.

Howe pocketed £100 after beating John Rees (Ware, Herts) 3-1 in the final of the second leg of the English Masters Tour South for players aged 40 and over.

“Maybe I should move there,” he laughed. “It seems to bring out the best in me.”

Howe, who triumphed in the first event at Dunstable Snooker Club last season, added that he had “tough” matches against “tough” opponents throughout a long day that ended at 11.40pm.

“I was also happy with how I held myself together,” he said. “To win another event is good for confidence, going forward for the rest of this season. So I’m well happy with how it’s going and hope it continues.”

Event-one winner Matt Ford (Bracknell) was a group-stage casualty despite claiming three victories out of his fourth matches.

Simon Dent (Shoreham-by-Sea, West Sussex) collected the high-break prize of £25 for a 100 in the group stages.

The third leg of six is at Woking Snooker Centre on Saturday, October 24.

Tim Dunkley
    EASB Media Officer South and World Snooker coach

The English Association of Snooker & Billiards is the national governing body for the amateur game in this country. For more information about competitions, rankings lists and results, see www.easb.co.uk.
    http://www.snooker-coach.co.uk
Working...
X