Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Absolutely chuffed to make highest break in my leagues history!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by tomwalker147 View Post
    Dcrackers, great break mate. Any century in one frame format is some achievement, my 75 was overtaken by an 81 the other week but that's the highest for our league which does have some players who make century breaks, it's just that that 1 frame format is tough! Lots of 50 plus made but the likelihood of having the balls where you need them to make 80+ let alone a monster 138 clearance is slim!
    Cheers Tom - I think the break has cursed me as i've lost my 2 frames since! I haven't played bad but the balls have gone scrappy and ran for my opponent, which further highlights the challenges of 1 frame snooker. As said I am in the individual semi final which is best on 7 so it will be nice to play a proper match and give me and my very talented opponent a chance to loosen up a bit. I don't play in tournaments and havent for some time as find them too long winded to be honest so a proper best of 7 I am looking at as a bit of a treat!

Comment

Originally Posted by tomwalker147 View Post

He's always felt his level was top drawer, should have seen him competing with us 'better players' when he was only 14 or so. Kid was frightening at times. A case of his cockiness being warranted.
      I am about 3 years older than Judd and talk about frightening. He made me realise I was very average very quickly....a few other lads stayed deluded that they could 'make it' and have continued drift on and off tour and quite frankly wasted their lives.

Comment

Originally Posted by dcrackers147 View Post

When you get to a certain level at any sport you build a routine / process that works for you and allows you to execute let your ability come through. I believe those that trust in their routine/process the most are the best in pressure situations. It's the psychological reassurance we all need in this strange game. It's the same with golf.
        Bang on again, no doubt you will yourself even have witnessed what unbelievable bad crap can happen in your game when disbelieve and feel uncertain..... The white finds angles into pockets you never imagined possible, the tension you didn't even know was in your arm made you miss a shot that misses the pocket by 3 inches, the easy positional shot ends tight on a cushion etc etc.... Those who break free of these chains, and find their practice game in match play battle are the gladiators who reign supreme.

best of luck in your future, family's happen, life moves on but in professional snooker, if you can find that "Nirvana" it's not too late. :snooker:
        ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post

I remember you saying Tom, that he asked you if you fancied a game once a way back? The belief thing in snooker is massive! Hendry had complete belief in his ability and that confidence bolsters "Bottle". Its easy to say a player has great bottle, but I believe a great player has bottle due to his own self belief of his ability.

I hope the lad continues to believe and give us from more great battles to watch.
          I think he has more bottle than ability but bottle can get him a long way I hope. Yes, he was 14 and I was one of the better players in the club and he destroyed me.
          Serves me right though, I should've been at uni lectures not playing snooker!
          "just tap it in":snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by dcrackers147 View Post

I am about 3 years older than Judd and talk about frightening. He made me realise I was very average very quickly....a few other lads stayed deluded that they could 'make it' and have continued drift on and off tour and quite frankly wasted their lives.
            Same story all over the country, lads about to queue up to hand Barry Hearn their cash for a shot at Q school when they don't stand a chance. Others on and off tour making below minimum wage (after expenses) with no back up plan for later life, it's sad really, lots of deluded people about.
            Fair play they're trying to "live their dream" but realism is important too.
            "just tap it in":snooker:

Comment

Working...
            X