No announcement yet.

Placing foot on the line of the shot and keeping head on the line of the shot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Placing foot on the line of the shot and keeping head on the line of the shot

Hi,

Apologies if this has been discussed before but I am struggling to find the answer to what I would this is a fairly simple question.

I have read various articles and watched many videos on stepping into the shot by placing the leading foot, in my case the right (I'm right handed) on the line of the shot

The question is if I line up the shot with the centre of my chin/body (I am more or less centre sighted). When I get down/step in, should I also move by right/leading foot slightly to the left to be on that centre line ? Assuming that is the case (as it seems to be from what I have watched/read), how do I also keep my head in the correct centre alignment without it also moving to the left.

I hope that makes sense.

Any advice gratefully received.

If you centre line sight it will be more your heel that will be on the line, don't worry about it.
    This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
    https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

i do the same approach i line up with my head on the line and when move my right foot slightly on the left,i think to keep the head on the line you have to lean the head (very) slightly to your right as you're getting down.

Comment

Interesting ... What do you guys think about this? :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFQ8AOLGFxE

Comment

That’s is interesting as the walk with head still and hand then on table is something I’ve been trying to incorporate into my practice and matches. Pre point routines for snooker wasn’t really coached when I played initially and we all tried to copy Jimmy White .

Im finding it really helps with my consistency by doing the same thing every shot . It’s better in practice than matches at the moment though ...
          I completely agree with the statement regarding stance as I don’t think it matters as long as you are aiming correctly and cueing straight .

Comment

I’ve been trying similar routines over the past few weeks.... One side effect with all this routine stuff is that my speed slows the more I concentrate. Watching back some footage I filmed of myself I’ve gone from quite a natural game to a more robotic almost Selby/Higgins like style!! .... still I did achieve my highest break on the line-up this way?

It does now have me thinking though... Is this actually my natural game when I try harder. Whereas before I was just trying to play like Ronnie.. being something I’m not??

Comment

I like this, its simple to understand and seems to make a lot of sense. I think its important to practice this stuff in solo play, but try and not think too much about it in a match/game. If its working for you in practice, thats great and a good sign you are doing something right. I think its really crucial though in gameplay that these things start to happen naturally via your subconscious mind taking over, having learned them in practice.

A dancer never looks convincing when you can hear them counting 1-2-3 1-2-3, as an example Lolz.
              ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Originally Posted by Danger Steve View Post
                I’ve been trying similar routines over the past few weeks.... One side effect with all this routine stuff is that my speed slows the more I concentrate. Watching back some footage I filmed of myself I’ve gone from quite a natural game to a more robotic almost Selby/Higgins like style!! .... still I did achieve my highest break on the line-up this way?

It does now have me thinking though... Is this actually my natural game when I try harder. Whereas before I was just trying to play like Ronnie.. being something I’m not??
                DS,
                I know exactly what you mean , I’ve been struggling with this mentally myself. I play much more consistently now when I introduce a pre point routine than when trying to just get down and and play the shot like i used to.
                I think you will slow down initially when you first incorporate this stuff into your game but as you stop thinking about it so much and it comes naturally you will find a rhythm that suits you.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but nobody can play like Ronnie apart from Ronnie so your better of trying to play like Higgins

Make sure you don’t overthink it when your actually playing the shot though ......
                Last edited by Starsky; 8 September 2020, 06:09 PM.

Comment

Originally Posted by islotey View Post
                  Interesting ... What do you guys think about this? :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFQ8AOLGFxE
                  Always liked this video.
                  This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                  https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Ally this method to a home made sightright thingy and step in from where you see the unbroken line. It helps to stand behind the shot in your stance position so that you sight the line using your natural vision centre's head position and then the head and body won't turn as you get down, you simply step forward.
                    Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
                    but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

Working...
                    X