deep screw shot question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by Staezione View Post
    I have a new cloth fitted on my heated table and i can tell you i play screw shots effortless now. The difference with a club table is beyond imagination really.
    https://youtu.be/KmDjvngR5Ck
    Great shot! What cloth did you go for No.10??

I had a new 6811 tournament 29oz cloth fitted and still struggle to screw shots over 6ft... the table isn’t heated though, Yet!

Comment

I have a new cloth fitted on my heated table and i can tell you i play screw shots effortless now. The difference with a club table is beyond imagination really.
      https://youtu.be/KmDjvngR5Ck
      Superb, I can't wait until ours is built. I can screw the white back into the yellow bag from the d after potting the blue off its spot into the top bag, that's on a club table. I'm hoping to do laps when the Aristocrat is set up
      should have said from the balk line as the white isn't in the D
      This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
      https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Originally Posted by Danger Steve View Post

Great shot! What cloth did you go for No.10??

I had a new 6811 tournament 29oz cloth fitted and still struggle to screw shots over 6ft... the table isn’t heated though, Yet!
        I have the Strachan Superfine fitted.

Comment

Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post

Superb, I can't wait until ours is built. I can screw the white back into the yellow bag from the d after potting the blue off its spot into the top bag, that's on a club table. I'm hoping to do laps when the Aristocrat is set up
          should have said from the balk line as the white isn't in the D
          Thats my level also.
          If you would try it on my table you would also deep screw over 12 ft with no effort. It just zipps back like crazy. Like i said, compared to a club table it's a whole different ballgame

Comment

I have the Strachan Superfine fitted.
            How long will that cloth last ? We are thinking of putting a No.10 cloth on. We might get a year out of it, that will do us.

Comment

How long will that cloth last ? We are thinking of putting a No.10 cloth on. We might get a year out of it, that will do us.
              Might be worth noting that Thurstons offer No.10 used pro tournament cloths for ?160, only problem is the line markings though... but it’s a cheaper alternative if you wanted to test one without fully splashing out!

Comment

I had number10 on my old table before and it lasted ok ,only trouble I found when it needed a stretch it was never the same ,played slower but did a good few years ,eventually wearing around the pocket slate falls .Had 6811 tournament on my Westbury since February and it played ok ,had it stretched in September and it now flys and is very zippy .My room is kept at 20 degrees all year round ,I also have a dehumidifier for when it’s needed ,I brush block and iron the table regularly ,I probably won’t keep a cloth on now for more than 18 to 20 months as I think if you play a bit you’ve had the best out of them .

Comment

Thanks for the replies, much appreciated.
                  We have a pretty new number 10 cloth to put on the table but because it's the first cloth in the new room we decided to put a new cloth on so it looked pristine.

Comment

How far are you away in getting your snooker emporium completed INE ?

Comment

Originally Posted by Starsky View Post
                      How far are you away in getting your snooker emporium completed INSE ?
                      Well we had to get a structural engineers report but now that's done, it's full steam ahead , the founds are getting done this weekend, then three course of block next week , we already have the drawings from the engineer , with every measurement we need and we can crack on and build it now, hopefully done before crimbo.

Comment

Well we had to get a structural engineers report but now that's done, it's full steam ahead , the founds are getting done this weekend, then three course of block next week , we already have the drawings from the engineer , with every measurement we need and we can crack on and build it now, hopefully done before crimbo.
                        Sounds like one of those Grand Designs builds... We want to be in for Xmas... 18months later and the windows haven’t even gone in

Comment

Originally Posted by mikee View Post
                          I had number10 on my old table before and it lasted ok ,only trouble I found when it needed a stretch it was never the same ,played slower but did a good few years ,eventually wearing around the pocket slate falls .Had 6811 tournament on my Westbury since February and it played ok ,had it stretched in September and it now flys and is very zippy .My room is kept at 20 degrees all year round ,I also have a dehumidifier for when it’s needed ,I brush block and iron the table regularly ,I probably won’t keep a cloth on now for more than 18 to 20 months as I think if you play a bit you’ve had the best out of them .
                          That’s interesting Mikee as I’ve just fitted a new 29oz 6811 to my table and I was surprised at how it didn’t seem much better than the old unbranded rug I took off! I stretched that mother on as tight as I could physically pull it as well! Maybe after the re-stretch it will play better? I look forward to that!

I’m going to be fitting my own DIY table heating mats soon so it’ll be interesting to see how that effects the speed.

Comment

Excellent , now the exciting bit .

Hopefully the numb nuts who keep hacking the forum will have got bored and you’ll be able to post some pics when it’s done .

Comment

Working...
                            X