Cue action training app

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cue action training app

Has anyone tried the "Cue Measure, learn and perfect cue action" app?

Was just watching some YouTube videos and the guy from Break From Life came up and he was using the app. Looks very annoying to have a phone taped to a cue, but he was very impressed. Interested to know if anyone on here has tried it?

Looks a load of bollox I reckon ,I saw that on the break from life guy ,phone strapped on your cue is just the going to be not feeling right ,even if you cue straight with it on you’ll probably be all over the place with it off .Break from life guys a good watch ,but he’s more of a trick shot entertainer type than to take too much of what he says seriously .I’m more interested in seeing if he has any hair under that tea cosy he wears all year round .

Comment

Mikee, he's definitely a character! And has a huge following. Glad he's got his cloth changed, some of the old videos I was more interested in the tram lines on his cloth. I do find him quite engaging, has the right mix of info and knowledge, with Nic Barrow being the opposite end of that spectrum.

I was hoping you'd give it a raving endorsement and I would finally get my straight cueing sorted!

Comment

Originally Posted by NonStarter View Post
        Mikee, he's definitely a character! And has a huge following. Glad he's got his cloth changed, some of the old videos I was more interested in the tram lines on his cloth. I do find him quite engaging, has the right mix of info and knowledge, with Nic Barrow being the opposite end of that spectrum.

I was hoping you'd give it a raving endorsement and I would finally get my straight cueing sorted!
        I don’t buy into all these training aids ,seen it all with golf ,makes no difference ,only practice does .

Comment

Originally Posted by mikee View Post

I don’t buy into all these training aids ,seen it all with golf ,makes no difference ,only practice does .
          Agreed, IMO Nic Barrow has milked a living out of naive snooker players with his ludicrous aids.
          "just tap it in":snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by tomwalker147 View Post

Agreed, IMO Nic Barrow has milked a living out of naive snooker players with his ludicrous aids.
            Amen to that.
            Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
            but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

Originally Posted by tomwalker147 View Post

Absolutely! Can't decide whether he loves the game very deeply, or is very shrewd. Either way, he's not for me!

Comment

Get down and and hit the ball seems to work better for me some days they just go in ,days when I’m worrying about cueing straight or standing wrong I can’t even knock a 40 in .Trouble is thinking about too much stuff knocks you out of rythsm

Comment

These training aids have to be bought and used under the right circumstances. Those being, you don't mind wasting your money and they are a bit of entertainment. Just my opinion but I doubt pros are using 99.9% of them and they seem ok at the game. There is no real cheat sheet for snooker, I wish there was, I would have bought it off Nic Barrow by now
                  Then again, maybe I wouldn't , surely it's the learning that's the fun, frustrating, joyous, heartbreaking part, it's the thrill of the chase that keeps us coming back.
                  This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                  https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Working...
                  X