Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back to snooker again

Hello everyone,

After a long break I am back to snooker again. But this time I am only playing on weekends (2 days) and actually enjoying myself more. No performance pressure no misses that bother me and that makes me so relaxed at the table. Let us see then... Played three weekend once or twice and last sunday I was going for a two red clearance but missed the last pink maybe because the frame had been secured. Just focusing on getting the eyes fixed on BOB at the time of strike and that is helping greatly.

How is everyone here hope things are going great !!!
    "I am still endeavouring to meet someone funnier than my life" - Q. M. Sidd

welcome back Sidd, missed you

playing for pleasure is the way to enjoy the game
    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

We've all come back to snooker after a break Sidd and are suffering poor form as a result. You have the right attitude though, don't let those easy misses bother you as you know why you missed them, log it in your mind and remember to look at the target, welcome back
      Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
      but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

Nice to hear from you again Sidd. Hope you are well. I posted on another thread that I had my first game for 14 months last Friday. Lost 3-0 but enjoyed it. Was great to see the lads again.

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
          welcome back Sidd, missed you

playing for pleasure is the way to enjoy the game
          Absolutely.. and thanks... its good to be back in like-minded company

Comment

Originally Posted by Nifty50 View Post
            Nice to hear from you again Sidd. Hope you are well. I posted on another thread that I had my first game for 14 months last Friday. Lost 3-0 but enjoyed it. Was great to see the lads again.
            Excellent and thanks yes that is the way to go ... We don't get to notice that the table provide a huge source of stress busting too !

Comment

Originally Posted by vmax View Post
              We've all come back to snooker after a break Sidd and are suffering poor form as a result. You have the right attitude though, don't let those easy misses bother you as you know why you missed them, log it in your mind and remember to look at the target, welcome back
              Mr Vmax, you sir of all the people I have come to know here, gave me the top top advice, confidence and encouragement which I have taken along in my snooker playing career and shah never ever forget that. Yes, I have eaten Terry's ears (how is he by the way) and been on coaching forum quite a lot and I must admit I learnt a lot like really a lot from all of the mates here because I had problems with eh grip hehe age old grip of mine and also with other technique areas which were improved by all the people here especially Terry Davidson given that he gave me a pre-shot routine to work with and other things too like the stance and my right shoulder pain etc.... However, it was you who spoke to me and identified two grand things for me and that changed my game all together.

1. You saw my posts on grip as I came back to the same thing with a different angle every time and I understood how the OCD tells your mind that it is not because of you that you missed but there has to be something wrong with the grip or this or that otherwise how could sidd miss a sitter so that helped me calm myself down at the table and now when I miss an easy one I just say to myself - when was the last time you did solo- ummmm like in months maybe haha and I ease myself out of it. Still trying though

2. BOB well well now BOB what can I say - you are my saviour my hero in that sense. Honestly, BOB is what makes the pot and transitions the position- maybe others have other reasons or sources but for me it is BOB and nothing else ! You know what Steve my dear mate, I started again and had forgotten about the grip and other things, the table felt alien and all, so I just concentrated on BOB and suddenly on the third day I almost made a two red clearance my mates were like you've been playing secretively haha well all I did was to keep BOB in mind and that did wonders. So for me it is only BOB and once I can do BOB the rest of everything like the stance grip cue action everything seems to fall in place from muscle memory... seems like I was not trusting myself

So yes, long story short, (me and my long posts are back beware I am enjoying my weekend performances.

Will keep posting here too !!!

Love ya man - stay blessed.

Comment

Originally Posted by Sidd View Post

Mr Vmax, you sir of all the people I have come to know here, gave me the top top advice, confidence and encouragement which I have taken along in my snooker playing career and shah never ever forget that. Yes, I have eaten Terry's ears (how is he by the way) and been on coaching forum quite a lot and I must admit I learnt a lot like really a lot from all of the mates here because I had problems with eh grip hehe age old grip of mine and also with other technique areas which were improved by all the people here especially Terry Davidson given that he gave me a pre-shot routine to work with and other things too like the stance and my right shoulder pain etc.... However, it was you who spoke to me and identified two grand things for me and that changed my game all together.

1. You saw my posts on grip as I came back to the same thing with a different angle every time and I understood how the OCD tells your mind that it is not because of you that you missed but there has to be something wrong with the grip or this or that otherwise how could sidd miss a sitter so that helped me calm myself down at the table and now when I miss an easy one I just say to myself - when was the last time you did solo- ummmm like in months maybe haha and I ease myself out of it. Still trying though

2. BOB well well now BOB what can I say - you are my saviour my hero in that sense. Honestly, BOB is what makes the pot and transitions the position- maybe others have other reasons or sources but for me it is BOB and nothing else ! You know what Steve my dear mate, I started again and had forgotten about the grip and other things, the table felt alien and all, so I just concentrated on BOB and suddenly on the third day I almost made a two red clearance my mates were like you've been playing secretively haha well all I did was to keep BOB in mind and that did wonders. So for me it is only BOB and once I can do BOB the rest of everything like the stance grip cue action everything seems to fall in place from muscle memory... seems like I was not trusting myself

So yes, long story short, (me and my long posts are back beware I am enjoying my weekend performances.

Will keep posting here too !!!

Love ya man - stay blessed.
                Forgot one thing your advice of using a 59 inches cue was like magic and suddenly my long game is back not as good as still I don't clench at least so thanks for that too.

Comment

I was going through some old posts and came across a few of yours Sidd. Good to see you on the forum again... oh and what is BOB???

Comment

Originally Posted by NonStarter View Post
                    I was going through some old posts and came across a few of yours Sidd. Good to see you on the forum again... oh and what is BOB???
                    Thanks mate. For BOB see my latest post on being in the zone. It’s back of the ball by the way the exact point on the object ball to look at where you intend the white to strike in order for it to pot.

Comment

Originally Posted by Sidd View Post
                      Hello everyone,

After a long break I am back to snooker again. But this time I am only playing on weekends (2 days) and actually enjoying myself more. No performance pressure no misses that bother me and that makes me so relaxed at the table. Let us see then... Played three weekend once or twice and last sunday I was going for a two red clearance but missed the last pink maybe because the frame had been secured. Just focusing on getting the eyes fixed on BOB at the time of strike and that is helping greatly.

How is everyone here hope things are going great !!!
                      Nice to see you back on Sidd, enjoy!
                      Snooker Crazy - Cues and Equipment Sales Website
                      Snooker Crazy - Facebook Page
                      Snooker Crazy - You Tube Channel

Comment

Working...
                      X