A revalation for me!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A revalation for me!

It's been ages since I played because of lockdown, but had a couple of games of pool while I was up North with a few lads on a 3 day fishing trip, and had a revelation!

I move the cue off line when I'm getting down on a shot!

Once I (eventually) worked this out I started being able to make some crazy shots, swerving the cue ball, making tight cuts, getting position and made a start on decent cue ball control.

I fully admit, I'm not a natural pool or snooker player, and I've always struggled with my game. But it made me think that maybe I've always been doing this a little, and though my game was improving before lockdown (particularly my pool game), it's probably something I did which was making a lot of shots go awry. Now I'm looking to get back into my regular snooker game, I'll be paying close attention to this.

Originally Posted by weepete View Post
    It's been ages since I played because of lockdown, but had a couple of games of pool while I was up North with a few lads on a 3 day fishing trip, and had a revelation!

I move the cue off line when I'm getting down on a shot!

Once I (eventually) worked this out .....................
    It could help others if you tell us what were you doing wrong and how you worked it out ?

Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
    but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

Originally Posted by vmax View Post

It could help others if you tell us what were you doing wrong and how you worked it out ?
      I was doing a couple of things....probably the main one was I was shifting my weight too much onto my left leg (I'm right handed) when I was getting down on the shot, that was moving my hips and effectivley putting me slightly off line.

I also think I was sub-consiously moving the cue after I was down, because I was still visualising the line where the white would hit the object ball. It took a bit of effort to ignore, as it looked like I was missing the shot, but I found that if I concentrated soley on the power I needed to make the shot, after walking in and trusting that line, and keeping pretty much all my weight on my right leg, the cue ball was going where I wanted.

It's interesting that it took a break, and a few games when I was playing terribly to notice this, and I'm really keen to get on a snooker table and see if this will translate to the bigger table.

Comment

Working...
      X