Different practice routines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Different practice routines

As the title suggests, we all do the standard line up, T line up etc but if you come across any unusual ones or rare ones that might keep boredom from the door, post them up. I'll start with this one.
    https://youtu.be/aH6GXtyT1pY
    This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
    https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

I’ve tried this a few times it’s quite good and a bit different.

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

That looks a good routine Steve ,few tricky shots on there too ,apart from cueing drills I like to set the balls up with reds spread around the top end of the table with only two past the blue spot and maybe 4 reds in a cluster above the black ,then practice break building .I find that a good replication of a game ,and it’s nice to knock in the odd ton that way ,I’ve not cleared the whole table yet though .

Comment

This was posted years and years back but the repeated blacks off the spot is still a brilliant one.
        Another I do is a line of reds level with the pink spot, pot and play up for the blue each time, really good for stun, screw and little shots with a trace of side.
        "just tap it in":snooker:

Comment

Can't quote any one, it's really annoying.
          i do that routine Steve but without the reds on the Cush, that's a good addition to it.
          The reds and blue routine Tom, do you have rules to it, I do it so I must finish high on the blue and every blue must go in the middle bag, no top or bottom bag bail outs, no low on the blue and in and out of balk.This makes cue ball control very important, i do it with five reds across the table , I'll be honest I don't complete it that often but it's one that gives me great satisfaction when I do it as you don't have to be out much to ruin it.
          This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
          https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Great shout out for the reds across pink spot and the blues. Like itsnoteasy I'm assuming blues only to middles and wow, it's tough. Very tough. Certainty making me think about options rather than the first shot that comes to mind each time. It's one of those routines it'd be good to get someone demonstrate.. I've not seen anything on it and not sure Steve Barton is active in here these days but it'd be a great one to cover off

Comment

Originally Posted by NonStarter View Post
              Great shout out for the reds across pink spot and the blues. Like itsnoteasy I'm assuming blues only to middles and wow, it's tough. Very tough. Certainty making me think about options rather than the first shot that comes to mind each time. It's one of those routines it'd be good to get someone demonstrate.. I've not seen anything on it and not sure Steve Barton is active in here these days but it'd be a great one to cover off
              I first saw Stephen Lee do it, have a look at this link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ho2j6ooeVZo
              "just tap it in":snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by tomwalker147 View Post

I first saw Stephen Lee do it, have a look at this link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ho2j6ooeVZo
                Yeah and even Steven Lee can’t do it! Lol

NS… I do a simpler version with just 6 reds, a bit like the T with 3 either side of the pink. Start with that so you don’t get too disheartened. It’s bloody tough.

Comment

Thanks Tom and Steve. Great video.
                  I actually started a few days ago before seeing the video with all 15 reds (don't laugh!) and did it a few times. Managed 6 reds and blues and cleared them all with only 5-6 interventions! Not bad I thought and I really enjoyed the challenge of it.

I'm recently improving and these routines really seem to help get to that next level so please do keep them coming.

Comment

Originally Posted by NonStarter View Post
                    Thanks Tom and Steve. Great video.
                    I actually started a few days ago before seeing the video with all 15 reds (don't laugh!) and did it a few times. Managed 6 reds and blues and cleared them all with only 5-6 interventions! Not bad I thought and I really enjoyed the challenge of it.

I'm recently improving and these routines really seem to help get to that next level so please do keep them coming.
                    Don’t get too good! Maybe another northern visit over Xmas if your available

Comment

No immediate danger of that Steve! Not nearing the type of breaks you're getting.. Hopefully it's just a matter of piecing together the 20 and 30 breaks I'm getting more regularly and getting over that mental barrier.

Over Christmas should be good mate. Was hoping to get away somewhere for a week but doubt that with the covid surge going round. Get in touch nearer the time and I'm definitely up for it

Comment

Working...
                      X