No announcement yet.

The snooker gym

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just to bring this thread back to life. Ronnie O'Sullivan approves The Snooker Gym coaching materials and system. See the homepage www.thesnookergym.com (left hand side).

Comment

I've been curious about these DVDs for some time, where I live coaching is virtually non-existant, so a set of videos from a top coach is an exciting prospect, I don't mind investing $ into my game if it will help me improve, but they are very pricey. Does anyone have any success or failure stories regarding these DVDs?
      sigpic

Comment

Originally Posted by CTquick147 View Post
        I've been curious about these DVDs for some time, where I live coaching is virtually non-existant, so a set of videos from a top coach is an exciting prospect, I don't mind investing $ into my game if it will help me improve, but they are very pricey. Does anyone have any success or failure stories regarding these DVDs?
        They are very good, £200.00 is a bit pricey though, You can get the series electronically on your computer, If you sign up for a bronze membership package, you can get the series for £70.00, you will also get numerous emails with pointers, tips etc each month

I bought the package about a month ago, and i had an email a few days after saying that there was a problem with the electronic version, so they would be sending the dvd box set to replace them, If there is still a problem, you might be able to get the dvds for £70.00 instead.
        Last edited by MattCash; 24 July 2009, 10:57 AM. Reason: spelling mistake

Comment

I would personally reccommend Nic having met him in Swindon his style is very good and im sure, if your prepared to pay out, his DVD's will benefit you.
          Always play snooker with a smile on your face...You never know when you'll pot your last ball.

China Open 2009 Fantasy Game Winner.
          Shanghai Masters 2009 Fantasy Game Winner.

Comment

Originally Posted by RocketRoy1983 View Post
            I would personally reccommend Nic having met him in Swindon his style is very good and im sure, if your prepared to pay out, his DVD's will benefit you.
            I have bought the set, and would certainly recommend it. If you apply Nic's principles in practice, you will see a definite improvement in your game. I try to watch the DVDs over and over again, and try to incorporate as much as I can in my practice. The DVDs are very conveniently divided into relevant chapters and the accompanying booklets serve as an index to the chapters as well as notes to carry with you to the club. And like Nic says in the intro, if you can, try carrying a DVD player to the club and watch and practice.
            The chapters are exactly what they say they are, so if you visit the website, and go through the list, you can select the area of the game you with to improve and buy that particular DVD, but I'd suggest the whole set.
            Unfortunately, the marketing sounds like one of those body building or 'as seen on tv' ads, but this is a good product from a good coach.

Comment

If I had the £££ right now Id definately purchase the entire set. In Swindon they were displayed right there next to Nic and I kept looking at them thinking "Oh bloody hell!!"
              Always play snooker with a smile on your face...You never know when you'll pot your last ball.

China Open 2009 Fantasy Game Winner.
              Shanghai Masters 2009 Fantasy Game Winner.

Comment

Just go for it Roy when you get the money! Just run screaming towards the computer and buy them instantly if you feel that way about them!

Comment

I will buy them on Sunday if i happen to win the lottery on Saturday.. And if i DO win i will buy you the set as well Roy..
                  "Statistics won't tell you much about me. I play for love, not records."

ALEX HIGGINS

Comment

OK, I am sort of biased as I am the coach who answers most of the questions in TheSnookerGym/Forum. However, the way I got into it was my wife spotted the DVDs in my SnookerScene 2 Christmas' ago and bought them for me. I was really impressed with Nic's grasp of the fundamentals and the way he puts them across (I was a B&SCC certified coach in the 80's).

In fact, I was so impressed I came over to Milton Keynes last September and got my Master Coach certificate from Nic and we sort of did a snooker hook up and as he's always pretty busy I handle the forum coaching questions for him.

Now here's a fact for anyone thinking about buying the DVDs. In the mid-80's I was a full time player on the pro-am circuit in Britain. Won a few here and there and was ranked #33 on SnookerScene's top 100 amateurs. High tournament break is 138 and high practice break is 147 x 3.

In 1996 I gave the game up completely and moved to the USA for the money, returning to Canada in 2005 and taking snooker up again, but I was absolutely LOUSY and just couldn't get back on track.

After using the DVDs and then taking my coaching training (included was a one-day session of personal coaching with Nic) and continuing to work with Nic from Oct/08 right up until yesterday, which was our most recent coaching call, I can tell you my game is better now than it was in the 80's and usually every day in practice I have a century and/or multiple breaks over 70. I have a match table in my basement so practice is easy and the commute is pretty short with free coffee (and I can smoke too).

Right now I'm in my 'happy place' with my technique thanks to Nic's coaching (and my own self-coaching too) and as I have a tournament tomorrow and the Canadian Championships coming up in 3 weeks or so I hope to see really positive results (although in order to win I have to beat the likes of Kirk Stevens and Alain Robidoux plus a few other players who are really good and some of them are ex-pros too).

As a disclaimer, I sell the DVDs in Canada under contract to Nic, but I highly recommend them and once we start doing the on-line, real time video coaching I think that will be excellent too and very convenient for the student who has access to a video camera he can hook up to the internet (but not a webcam, not detailed enough).

Terry
                    Terry Davidson
                    IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

Originally Posted by Terry Davidson View Post
                      OK, I am sort of biased as I am the coach who answers most of the questions in TheSnookerGym/Forum. However, the way I got into it was my wife spotted the DVDs in my SnookerScene 2 Christmas' ago and bought them for me. I was really impressed with Nic's grasp of the fundamentals and the way he puts them across (I was a B&SCC certified coach in the 80's).

In fact, I was so impressed I came over to Milton Keynes last September and got my Master Coach certificate from Nic and we sort of did a snooker hook up and as he's always pretty busy I handle the forum coaching questions for him.

Now here's a fact for anyone thinking about buying the DVDs. In the mid-80's I was a full time player on the pro-am circuit in Britain. Won a few here and there and was ranked #33 on SnookerScene's top 100 amateurs. High tournament break is 138 and high practice break is 147 x 3.

In 1996 I gave the game up completely and moved to the USA for the money, returning to Canada in 2005 and taking snooker up again, but I was absolutely LOUSY and just couldn't get back on track.

After using the DVDs and then taking my coaching training (included was a one-day session of personal coaching with Nic) and continuing to work with Nic from Oct/08 right up until yesterday, which was our most recent coaching call, I can tell you my game is better now than it was in the 80's and usually every day in practice I have a century and/or multiple breaks over 70. I have a match table in my basement so practice is easy and the commute is pretty short with free coffee (and I can smoke too).

Right now I'm in my 'happy place' with my technique thanks to Nic's coaching (and my own self-coaching too) and as I have a tournament tomorrow and the Canadian Championships coming up in 3 weeks or so I hope to see really positive results (although in order to win I have to beat the likes of Kirk Stevens and Alain Robidoux plus a few other players who are really good and some of them are ex-pros too).

As a disclaimer, I sell the DVDs in Canada under contract to Nic, but I highly recommend them and once we start doing the on-line, real time video coaching I think that will be excellent too and very convenient for the student who has access to a video camera he can hook up to the internet (but not a webcam, not detailed enough).

Terry
                      Hi Terry,

Can you please provide some information as to how to obtain the DVD's here in Canada.

Thanks!
                      Cheers,
                      -- Bill --

Comment

Originally Posted by ToBad4U View Post
                        Hi Terry,

Can you please provide some information as to how to obtain the DVD's here in Canada.

Thanks!
                        so they don't ship overseas?

Comment

They might do but it would be cheaper to have a main retailer in each country who you ship to in bulk and then only pay local postage.
                          sigpic A Truly Beakerific Long Pot Sir!

Comment

The snooker gym is good yeah but is it £200 worth of dvds... no i dont think it is, i would say its worth around £60. £100 at most.
                            Age:17 full time snooker player hoping to get somewhere in the future!

Comment

To answer everyone's questions. They can be purchased from me in Canada and the USA and my price would be the same as TheSnookerGym's price but converted to Canadian or US dollars. Postage would be included. I can only take cash, cheque, bank draft, money order or direct transfer into my account.

However, you can also order them directly from TheSnookerGym website using a charge card or PayPal and world-wide postage is included in the price.

You can get the DVD's a lot cheaper in a one-time offer if you join TheSnookerGym Bronze website (it's free, just email and password).

You can even go cheaper and get permanent access to an electronic copy of the DVDs (which you can't download and copy) and I think that option is the cheapest at 70quid or about $120 Canadian.

My email is 'terrydavidson@hsfx.ca' if you want to order them from me. It would take some time as I am not in business and don't keep a stock of them and would order a set from Nic Barrow and then re-mail them to you.

Terry Davidson
                              Terry Davidson
                              IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

Working...
                              X