X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Try different paces and, in practice, put the blue right next to the spot
    (about an inch off-spot) to see, whether the spot itself causes the blue
    to roll off inconsistently. That can especially occur with an older cloth with
    little "dimples" on the spots.

Comment

Originally Posted by mooneyy View Post
      Try different paces and, in practice, put the blue right next to the spot
      (about an inch off-spot) to see, whether the spot itself causes the blue
      to roll off inconsistently. That can especially occur with an older cloth with
      little "dimples" on the spots.
      Thank you, I'm off to the club now so I'll try that.
      -'Don't choke, don't choke, don't choke! aww I knew I was going to choke'-

Comment

*BUMP*

Anyone struggling with any kind of shot or particular problem id be pleased to help.
        Always play snooker with a smile on your face...You never know when you'll pot your last ball.

China Open 2009 Fantasy Game Winner.
        Shanghai Masters 2009 Fantasy Game Winner.

Comment

Considering that you have bumped the thread, I got a question for you.

Bare in mind, this isn't part of the 'game.' I was just potting the black and playing for position doing it time and time again, but when I found myself too high - nigh the pink spot region, I couldnt play any shot that would bring me lower.

Any advice? I tried screwing and stunning, both plain ball and with runside (hoping that coming off two cushions would assist me), but nothing really helped.

Comment

Originally Posted by gettingbetter View Post
            Considering that you have bumped the thread, I got a question for you.

Bare in mind, this isn't part of the 'game.' I was just potting the black and playing for position doing it time and time again, but when I found myself too high - nigh the pink spot region, I couldnt play any shot that would bring me lower.

Any advice? I tried screwing and stunning, both plain ball and with runside (hoping that coming off two cushions would assist me), but nothing really helped.
            If I understand you correctly you may find a bit of slow drag will bring you lower but it is very difficult if near the pink spot to retain black ball position without cannoning into a red for example which is not part of the game. Try perfecting the slow drag shot a few times.
            Always play snooker with a smile on your face...You never know when you'll pot your last ball.

Comment

Is this what you mean by too high to get back on to the black?

Sorry for bad drawing
              Attached Files

Comment

Yes Matt thats how I understood his position to mean.

Comment

Originally Posted by RocketRoy1983 View Post
                  Yes Matt thats how I understood his position to mean.
                  ok, id be tempted to screw the white in and out of baulk

Comment

Originally Posted by snookerloopy_08 View Post
                    ok, id be tempted to screw the white in and out of baulk
                    Hhmmm rather you than me mate! Hows your game coming along or havent you had much table time cos of your GCSE'S? (good luck with them btw they must be coming up soon)

Comment

lol, i'll always make time for a few hours of practice :snooker::snooker:

Comment

Yeah, its worth a try next time I practice.

Thanks.

Comment

hey roy, you're doing awesome on this thread and ive enjoyed reading some of it. i have a question, regarding reverse side.

i just cant get the screw!

eg dead straight on the black, if i was playing the shot without side, i would screw back perfectly off the cushion, but as soon as i go to play a reverse side shot, i stun the white and when i look closely, the white is spinning on its axis due to all the sidespin.

therefore i am getting the side and not the screw, but i can screw back perfectly anyways, its just the reverse side shot. any tips would be appreciated.
                          Crucible77's Bahrain Championship Fantasy Game Winner 2008 :snooker:

HB practice: 112
                          HB match: 81

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=skQYk...A1B58A&index=9

I was just trying to find a video of Fu making a century, although I see this shot quite often, and I have some difficulty playing it. Look at 1.15 in the clip, how do you play that? Is there any side applied?

Comment

I was just trying to find a video of Fu making a century, although I see this shot quite often, and I have some difficulty playing it. Look at 1.15 in the clip, how do you play that? Is there any side applied?
                              thats a stun/stun-run through, which widens the angle slightly and the ball skids across the cloth. no side at all, its one of thouse touch shots which ronnie is so good at. knowing exactly where to strike the ball and how hard to hit it is key in them shots. somewhere near dead middle though.
                              Crucible77's Bahrain Championship Fantasy Game Winner 2008 :snooker:

HB practice: 112
                              HB match: 81

Comment

it's just a powered stun shot. the cue ball deflects 90 degrees off the object ball

Comment

Working...
                                X