X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JoeNut
    replied
    i always miss a really easy blue to middle thats just off straight, if it's straight, or quarter ball im fine, but if it's really close to being straight for some reason i just always miss, i think it's more psychological since i missed one a while back

Leave a comment:

• spike
    replied
    Originally Posted by The Statman View Post
    Pretty much any shot at the moment!
    Maybe if you could if possibile cut down on the refereeing & put more time into your own game? Just a thought.

Leave a comment:

• RocketRoy1983
    replied
    Originally Posted by vainparasite View Post
    Cheers Roy, I have tried line ups but i often miss the pot or instantly go out of position and either wreck the line or leave a tight angle then wreck the line with the next shot. I will stick to it tho, no matter how embarrasing it gets
    Thats the beauty of the Line-up you can always learn. Left hand stun off the cushion from black to red or top right hand side to check the white literally thousands. Practice them all and really enjoy learning.

Leave a comment:

• vainparasite
    replied
    Cheers Roy, I have tried line ups but i often miss the pot or instantly go out of position and either wreck the line or leave a tight angle then wreck the line with the next shot. I will stick to it tho, no matter how embarrasing it gets

Leave a comment:

• The Statman
    replied
    Originally Posted by RocketRoy1983 View Post
    Is there a particular shot that you always seem to miss? Always too thick, too thin, play it too hard, catch the near knuckle, far or just get down and expect to miss as your track record with similar angles is just too poor.
    Pretty much any shot at the moment!

Leave a comment:

• RocketRoy1983
    replied
    Originally Posted by vainparasite View Post
    I know this is probably the bread and butter shot for all you decent guys but i nearly always miss the black off the spot or any reds near that immediate area. I think i try too hard to get the white not to stick to the bottom cushion and mess it up.
    Ha ha everyone i watch seems to know exactly which shot to play around the black but i seem to mess it up every time unless its a simple run through

I need serious help, although my potting is improving, my positional play is totally rubbish.
    Around the black spot requires good "touch play" with little soft screws and stuns. For this I would recommend simply the line up with 1 red behind the black to start with increasing it to 2,3 and 4 over the weeks. Also try just potting the black off its spot and using the cushion to help you which is what its there for. Remember, whether you think you can or whether you think you cant your probably right so clear your mind of any negative thoughts when your in/around the pink/black area and give every pot 100% concentration.

Leave a comment:

• MattCash
    replied
    similar to my troublesome shot, it is more of a mental thing than anything else IMO, a dead easy shot to some can be awkward to others.

Leave a comment:

• vainparasite
    replied
    I know this is probably the bread and butter shot for all you decent guys but i nearly always miss the black off the spot or any reds near that immediate area. I think i try too hard to get the white not to stick to the bottom cushion and mess it up.
    Ha ha everyone i watch seems to know exactly which shot to play around the black but i seem to mess it up every time unless its a simple run through

I need serious help, although my potting is improving, my positional play is totally rubbish.

Leave a comment:

• RocketRoy1983
    replied
    Originally Posted by snookerloopy_08 View Post
    Will do, i'll give it a go tonight, when i go for a game. :snooker:
    Excellent let me know how you get on.

Leave a comment:

• MattCash
    replied
    Yeah it is just the P word but try holding the cue just an inch higher. Hopefully youll feel more control when playing the shot..just an idea see how you get on. Sorry too for not getting back that time about Watford when im less busy ill deffo come down buddy.
    Will do, i'll give it a go tonight, when i go for a game. :snooker:

Leave a comment:

• RocketRoy1983
    replied
    thanks for your help roy I do play this shot plain ball as i am not confident enough to use spin as i am trying my hardest to pot, i do also use th ghost ball technique, although this hasn't helped much.

I suppose it's just a matter of practising :snooker:
    Yeah it is just the P word but try holding the cue just an inch higher. Hopefully youll feel more control when playing the shot..just an idea see how you get on. Sorry too for not getting back that time about Watford when im less busy ill deffo come down buddy.

Leave a comment:

• MattCash
    replied
    thanks for your help roy I do play this shot plain ball as i am not confident enough to use spin as i am trying my hardest to pot, i do also use th ghost ball technique, although this hasn't helped much.

I suppose it's just a matter of practising :snooker:

Leave a comment:

• RocketRoy1983
    replied
    Any kind of cut greater than 1/4 ball on the blue in middle pockets
    Sounds like a sighting problem. Although I dont recommend it iften try the ghost ball technique and see if it works for you. Failing that im afraid you need to spens a significant amount of time in practice setting these uncomfortable shots up and simply getting familiar with the angles. I would, at first at least, recommend plain ball striking. Keep it simple.

Leave a comment:

• MattCash
    replied
    Any kind of cut greater than 1/4 ball on the blue in middle pockets

Leave a comment:

• noel
    replied
    Taking a step or two back to assess the shot/angle before walking into the shot opposed to just sloppily sliding into it.

Thanks mate.

=o)

Noel

Leave a comment:

Working...
X