Steve Davis in-depth technique articles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steve Davis in-depth technique articles

For those interested, Steve Davis has a technique based myspace where you can ask him questions and get in-depth replies some very interesting articles on there already! Worth adding him as a friend and trying to spread the word as currently its a hard page to find.

http://www.myspace.com/stevedavissnooker

Thanks for sharing mate.

Comment

wow. This is exactly what I have been after.

Thanks for posting.
      Steve Davis Technical Articles = https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...ilebasic?pli=1

Comment

Great stuff from steve,Thanks.
        Bring Back Clive!

Comment

They are excellent articles, I'd imagine he will be getting quite a few questions now.

Comment

Cheers for showing us I'm gonna have a look now
            Dark side of the moon

Comment

Originally Posted by http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.ListAll&friendId=357463608
              Concerning cue tips I will post something on this soon but suffice to say that I played in last season's World Championship with a medium Talisman. this tip was fantastic in the build up. Far better than any Blue Diamond or Elk I have ever used. However tow days after the World's finished played an exhibition and the laminates seperated and the top two sheared off! Until they get the glue right they must be considered unreliable. MArk Williams had the same problem but this actually happend in his Match against Stephen Hendry. John Higgins however uses the Hard Buffalo (blacK) ones and thinks they are great.
              Interesting reading. A very good point as well.....

so remember:
              DON'T always be practicing technique. Otherwise you will forget to play the game itself.
              THINK technique in SOLO practice but Think Positional play in NORMAL practice.

Comment

Nuggets of wisdom !

Comment

Ver good article there..

Thanks for sharing

Comment

some good information!!

thanx for sharing !!!!

Comment

Thanks for posting this info.

Steve's the man!
                      Hendry, Davis, and Ronnie follower.

For those across the pond that care, I think Lewis will pulverize Jenson!

Comment

Hi I have had a look at Steve's Myspace how can I write my own question in?

Comment

Damn, did he move the blog or take it down completely? It's returning a 404 error for me. Hope the articles are archived somewhere, they were gold! Davis is a really clever guy.

[edit]

Ok, it wasn't cached in the Wayback machine, but thankfully Yahoo has a cache of some of the posts (which has now been safely yoinked into a PDF on my hard disc!). It'd be such a shame to lose these musings from one of the all-time great snooker players, and one who actually thinks about the game and its mechanics when away from the table too!
                          Last edited by exolon; 15 April 2011, 03:40 PM.

Comment

The Yahoo cache link is here, although it will probably eventually vanish. Hope he puts the blog back up, it was a great read.

Comment

I've got all his blog posts saved in a word doc if anyone wants them.
                              Steve Davis Technical Articles = https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...ilebasic?pli=1

Comment

Working...
                              X