Nic Barrow coaching

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by j6uk View Post
    I like what your saying here al, as underlined. One sesh is not enough!!
    Plus.. Its important to find a coach that you respond to, not costing an arm an a leg and ultimately is changing the trajectory of your development..
    this is what I am doing at the moment, I have settled on a coach who is local to me , I get on with him very well and it doesn't cost an arm and a leg, maybe an elbow...lol.

he might not be the best coach in the world, however I am sticking with him 1 hour every two weeks and see where it takes me. maybe further down the line I reach a point where I think he can't do much more. then I will look for someone else. but at the moment I am happy with what we are doing, he has definitely improved the way I stroke the cueball rather than hitting it as I use to do.

Alabbadi

Comment

Yeah elbow, you can keep that in mind on every shot.. One hour every two weeks is, not much but, if the coach is not up to speed on everything aspect, I guess, for you it will do for now

I got a 15yrs old lad at the moment coming to see me for 3hrs in one sesh 3-6pm a week, he's coming along great.. Everything Ive said on tsf coaching, he's just starting to get to grips with and put into action.
      When I feel the time is right and he agrees, I'll put a video of him in action.

Originally Posted by alabadi View Post
      this is what I am doing at the moment, I have settled on a coach who is local to me , I get on with him very well and it doesn't cost an arm and a leg, maybe an elbow...lol.

he might not be the best coach in the world, however I am sticking with him 1 hour every two weeks and see where it takes me. maybe further down the line I reach a point where I think he can't do much more. then I will look for someone else. but at the moment I am happy with what we are doing, he has definitely improved the way I stroke the cueball rather than hitting it as I use to do.

Alabbadi

Comment

Thought long and hard about going to see Nic, before Chris Small joined the forum, but I didn't go as I don't think we would have clicked , no doubt he is a great coach, but it looks all to slow and nice for me, I need someone to say, NO, that's wrong do it this way you divvy ,now do it again properly, lol, otherwise I would just drift away.
        This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
        https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Lol yeah I know what you mean!!
          I was fortunate to have Tony Hitchens and Henry West give me a dig if I was doing something wrong

Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
          Thought long and hard about going to see Nic, before Chris Small joined the forum, but I didn't go as I don't think we would have clicked , no doubt he is a great coach, but it looks all to slow and nice for me, I need someone to say, NO, that's wrong do it this way you divvy ,now do it again properly, lol, otherwise I would just drift away.

Comment

That maybe the last we here from roger the dodger

Originally Posted by horriefic View Post
            rogersnooker76,

Can you share with us what Nic corrected with your sighting that enabled you to make such a huge leap in improvement?

Thanks in advance.

Comment

Working...
            X