No announcement yet.

Astigmatism in left eye!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have astigmatism in both eyes. I use Bausch and Lomb Toric Day&Night lenses for astigmatism. With these lenses, I put them in at the beginning of the month and leave them in until the end of the month - they are designed to be left in at night. They cost £15 a month from Specsavers.

Word of advice - most toric lenses are self weighted to move into a certain position on your eye. Sounds strange, but if you put them in upside down, your vision will become blurry. The same can happen during normal use. This can be corrected by blinking until they move to the correct position. Toric lenses that fall our of your eyes are probably a result of the lens being the wrong size for your eye.

Comment

Well thanks to all. I have been to a good optician who told me that the eye was deformed in three ways so it would be very difficult to correct it for snooker. I had a pair of specs years ago that made sighting easy. When i put them on i found long pots were going straight to the pocket when they had gone well to the right before on the same shot. I think my problem is that i am trying to correct this by getting my brain to learn its problem. Will go to another optician me thinks.

Comment

I've got the same can't have laser surgery so contacts or glasses think I go with contacts tried snooker glasses but couldn't get used to them !!

Comment

Originally Posted by The slight breeze View Post
          I've got the same can't have laser surgery so contacts or glasses think I go with contacts tried snooker glasses but couldn't get used to them !!
          I was the opposite. I tried contacts, but couldn't get on with them. But I got on really well with snooker glasses.

Comment

Hi all. I too have astigmatism in both eyes. I used to try contact lenses, but this was a fair few years ago. Maybe they have improved on them since. I have just played without for years and can still play fairly decently. However. Improved vision would have obvious benefits.
            I have recently purchased those 'propeyes' glasses accessories. They are sort of a lifting support that sits on the bridge of your nose to lift the glasses up. So that you can see through your own prescription glasses, otherwise you end up seeing over the frame, as you get down on the shot. When you receive them, you get two sizes. Which is a good idea. To give you a further height option. OK they look a bit strange, but as long as they work (I think so), then it doesn't really matter what they look like. They are made from clear plastic to look as natural as possible.
            I may well take another look at contacts though. I'll just have to see.
            Cheap and Cheerful! 😄
            https://wpbsa.com/coaches/simon-seabridge/

Comment

I have astigmatism in both eyes and have tried all brands and find CooperVision’s Clariti 1 day toric or CooperVision’s MyDay Toric to be the only lenses that hold good sight in my right eye, I get good sight in my left eye from all the brands I’ve tried but only the above two brands hold good sight in both eyes all the time.

I don’t know why only the above two brands work but its probably something in the lens design where rotation is minimalized.

Comment

Originally Posted by inevermissblue View Post
                Hi all. I too have astigmatism in both eyes. I used to try contact lenses, but this was a fair few years ago. Maybe they have improved on them since. I have just played without for years and can still play fairly decently. However. Improved vision would have obvious benefits.
                I have recently purchased those 'propeyes' glasses accessories. They are sort of a lifting support that sits on the bridge of your nose to lift the glasses up. So that you can see through your own prescription glasses, otherwise you end up seeing over the frame, as you get down on the shot. When you receive them, you get two sizes. Which is a good idea. To give you a further height option. OK they look a bit strange, but as long as they work (I think so), then it doesn't really matter what they look like. They are made from clear plastic to look as natural as possible.
                I may well take another look at contacts though. I'll just have to see.
                I too used a spec up or spoony for years, and it works to a degree but you're not really looking through the focal point of the lens which is somewhere in the centre. A bespoke pair of snooker glasses is the best option for those who can't get on with contact lenses as the focal point of the lens is moved to the top of the lens so that when down in the stance the vision is 20/20 and the brain doesn't have to compensate as much for the altered images it receives from the eyes.
                I've just sent mine back to snookerspex to have new lenses fitted to my new prescription, a service that many don't offer so that when your eyesight worsens or even improves you can update without the cost of a complete new pair.
                Mine improved a little, don't ask me why but it happens sometimes
                Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
                but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

Working...
                X