Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Practice Theme

Hi!

I play 4-6 times a week and spend on average 15 -20 hours practising on my own at my club. My practice regimes consist of all the ones told to practice by many different people over the last 3 years.

But ive found myself more often than not just potting balls. Now essentially i guess you can never practice that enough but can someone please for the love of god help me with some new practice methods.

Thanks

Roy
    im dreaming of...a century:rolleyes: ..But one day...it will come.;)

spread all the balls out in a grid format on the table

remember where youve placed the balls (not which colour goes where)

place the cueball in the D, and start to pot the balls in any order.

once youve dont the whole set in any order, set the balls up in the same grid patter (doesnt matter if its a colour or red in the same place)

pot them all again

set yourself a target...ie 3 clearances in the one shot

then make up a new grid, making it harder

try this one untill you can get 4 clearances

etc

Comment

Originally Posted by Semih_Sayginer
      ... set yourself a target...ie 3 clearances in the one shot ...
      THREE clearances in ONE SHOT? Blimey, you set yourself stringent targets, semi!

Comment

Originally Posted by The Statman
        THREE clearances in ONE SHOT? Blimey, you set yourself stringent targets, semi!

not at all statman...

not much point in making it too easy...and once youve done it you can increase the difficulty in the grid layout.

you could start off with the balls not too far from pockets so that 3 clearances in a row isnt too difficult

depends on your level

Comment

Originally Posted by Semih_Sayginer
          not at all statman...

not much point in making it too easy...and once youve done it you can increase the difficulty in the grid layout.

you could start off with the balls not too far from pockets so that 3 clearances in a row isnt too difficult

depends on your level
          You didn't say 3 clearances in a row the first time, you said IN ONE SHOT!

Comment

when youve finished your argument love birds! lol

Any other good practice regimes? different?

Comment

Originally Posted by snookerloopy83
              when youve finished your argument love birds! lol
              lol, but its not really an arguement. The Statman is trying humour as an alternative to stats.

hes brilliant at stats. erm, hes learning the humour part.

Comment

Here's a great practice routine that is a tough one, even for the very best...

Place all of the colours on their spots and 2 reds either side of the pink in all directions (i.e. two between black and pink, two between blue and pink, 2 either side of pink between pink and cushion). The aim is to pot a baulk clour with each red and then clear the balls. You can change the complexity by altering the layout of reds - however, it's difficult enough as it is as you'll soon see when you give it a try.

Will try and post a new routine each week here - I encourage everyone to take part as finding out how other people play and approach the game can add something extra to your own game.
                MaXimumbreak - Where Everyone's a Winner
                It's now free to join!!!
                MaXimumbreak Snooker Store

Comment

top man maximum break very much appreciated.

Comment

Working...
                  X