Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cue action and sighting problem

hi all....
    i have question for all.. now days i have one problem.. with my cue action is not working properly... when i go for slow backswing.. then i get pause in my cue action . i miss simple pots ... can we give any tips to improve my cue action.. and i have 2nd problem of sighting..
    when i feathers ... i see cue ball all the time not object ball... on final back swing if i put my eyes on object ball then my cue action did not work properly and i have very bad shot that time .. so any gud adive plz on cue action and sighting problem
    thanx....

Originally Posted by tom snow View Post
    hi all....
    i have question for all.. now days i have one problem.. with my cue action is not working properly... when i go for slow backswing.. then i get pause in my cue action . i miss simple pots ... can we give any tips to improve my cue action.. and i have 2nd problem of sighting..
    when i feathers ... i see cue ball all the time not object ball... on final back swing if i put my eyes on object ball then my cue action did not work properly and i have very bad shot that time .. so any gud adive plz on cue action and sighting problem
    First of all, what is your natural rhythum, do you feather quickly, or slowly? Do you naturally have a slow backswing, or is it currently fast?

When do you naturally move your eyes from white to object ball? Try just getting down and playing a shot without thinking about it and pay attention to where your eyes are at which times. Most people play a lot faster than is recommended, so it can be hard to see where your eyes are. Get a friend to watch your eyes, so you can not think about it and just do it.

Adding a rear pause can be hard, because it is tied to the natural rythum of your eyes and sighting. So, any changes you make to one, will affect the other.

Try this.

1. Get down on the shot, eyes on the object ball, see the white only in the botton edge of your vision.
    2. Feather at your natural pace 2 or 3 times max, eyes now on the white, check these things:
    - cue is striking the center of the white
    - cue is moving in a straight line
    - you are relaxed
    3. Pause with tip close to white, eyes on tip, relax.
    4. Draw the cue back slowly (watch a video ** to see how slow) eyes on white/cue
    5. Pause with the cue drawn back, bring your eyes to the object ball, breathe out and relax
    6. Push the cue through, start the forward movement slowly and accelerate, keep pushing until your hand hits your chest, do not attempt to slow the cue down before then.

** http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bhWRVYcnQLg
    Watch shaun murphys first shot, while watching hold your cue and draw it back at the same speed. Shaun has what I would call quite a long pause, I tend to pause about 1/2 as long, if I pause at all - I am still working on this too
    "Do unto others 20% better than you would expect them to do unto you, to correct for subjective error"
    - Linus Pauling

Comment

and bro i donot have back pause in my game when i try slow backswing.. then i have pause in my game... and sighting problem.. when i look to object ball at last final backswing point miss point ......thats the problem i have in my game

Comment

Originally Posted by tom snow View Post
        and bro i donot have back pause in my game when i try slow backswing.. then i have pause in my game... and sighting problem.. when i look to object ball at last final backswing point miss point ......thats the problem i have in my game
        Try my suggestion, or read this thread and see the suggestions of Terry Davidson:
        http://www.thesnookerforum.com/board...ad.php?t=29513
        "Do unto others 20% better than you would expect them to do unto you, to correct for subjective error"
        - Linus Pauling

Comment

nrage:

Just one minor correction if I may.

On your point 5, I DO NOT recommend to a student that he breathe in or out while he is down on the shot as the chest expanding or contracting will push the cue off line just a bit, but enough to miss especially on long shots.

I usually recommend the student takes a deep breathe whjile standing behind the shot and then exhales while he is getting down into the shot and does not breathe at all until he has completed delivery.

If you wish to check this, get down on a shot in the address position and with your eyes locked on the ferrule take a deep breathe and you will notice the ferrule shifting about 1mm or so on the cueball.

So, no breathing from the time the bridge hand hits the table right to the end of the delivery with the hand against the chest.

Terry
          Terry Davidson
          IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

Originally Posted by Terry Davidson View Post
            nrage:

Just one minor correction if I may.

On your point 5, I DO NOT recommend to a student that he breathe in or out while he is down on the shot as the chest expanding or contracting will push the cue off line just a bit, but enough to miss especially on long shots.

I usually recommend the student takes a deep breathe whjile standing behind the shot and then exhales while he is getting down into the shot and does not breathe at all until he has completed delivery.

If you wish to check this, get down on a shot in the address position and with your eyes locked on the ferrule take a deep breathe and you will notice the ferrule shifting about 1mm or so on the cueball.

So, no breathing from the time the bridge hand hits the table right to the end of the delivery with the hand against the chest.

Terry
            Interesting.. I'll have to try this. I haven't paid close attention to my breathing on a shot, but I am fairly sure I do breathe in and out while I am down. Just not deeply. If I held my breath, I think I would introduce tension.. but I can imagine a gentle relaxing of breath out before a shot might work, provided you don't feather like Peter Ebdon
            - Linus Pauling

Comment

I heartily endorse TD.s post on the subject of breathing. I would add that if the breath is taken at the point TD suggests you will feel a little tension in the shoulder and neck area(especially as you get a litle older)the good thing being that as you exhale this tension will transform into a feeling of relaxing the shoulder and neck muscles and can add to comfort as you settle. FS.

Comment

I’m glad Cliff Thourborn never use this technique, He'd be dead before he played the shot. LOL

Comment

I wonder what Peter Ebdon does?

Terry
                  Terry Davidson

Comment

Originally Posted by Terry Davidson View Post
                    I wonder what Peter Ebdon does?

Terry
                    Fortunately cyborgs don't need to breath.
                    Oh, and that's a bad miss.

Comment

Ah, yes. I had forgotten Peter was a cyborg as he looks SO REAL!!!! with all the right expressions and machine-like tactics

Terry
                      Terry Davidson

Comment

Working...
                      X