Playing Doubles (not bank shots)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Playing Doubles (not bank shots)

In my snooker league, during a match we play 3 single games, and 3 games of doubles. We rotate the team so everyone gets to play singles once every 3 weeks. My i play singles i am fine, because i know if i lose it is down to myself, however in doubles, i find it hard to produce my form as i worry to much about what my partner is going to do. If i don't have trust in my partners game, i just can't concentrate on my own game. And i have suffered many of loses due to my partners poor performance. I feel now that i have lost all coinfidence when playing doubles, do anyone have any help for me to get over my pyshcologcal problem?

My other questions concerns the pre shot routine, what do you guys reckon i should do in a preshot routine, just so i have familiarity between my shots?

if theres any better players than you in the team who are playing doubles, ask the captain if you can partner them for the next few weeks to try to gain some confidence (as youd expect a better player to be able to support you, and also you SHOULD think less about him making a balls up)

if theres no better players in your team, erm, erm...move teams. lol

Comment

I have actually changed my doubles partner because the one I had I felt under too much pressure to well for him because he was better than me. The thing is sice I swoped me and him have had two or three other partners and have't done anywhere near as well!
      Hmmmmmmm
      I think really you should just go out and enjoy it and support each other if you **** up!
      I don't really enjoy competative doubles much though!
      Friendlies are ok!

Comment

Working...
      X