Please Please Please Help Anyone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please Please Please Help Anyone

Hi, i have been told by many many of people that my cue comes off line when i play a shot, they say its because my shoulder drops when i play the shot, and on some instances it even comes through the shot (like when 9 ball players break off) I never really noticed it until i recorded myself playing, now i can see how bad it is effecting me. Can anyone give me tips on learning to keep my shoulder up on the shot, and stopping it from come through. Any help would be so much appreciated

Well if you have recorded yourself playing. You can easily minimize ur mistake. Have a steady bridge. Good cueing action. Slow and steayd does the trick!
    Who needs 'The Rocket' , When RaNeN is here!

Comment

Originally Posted by Belloz22
      Hi, i have been told by many many of people that my cue comes off line when i play a shot, they say its because my shoulder drops when i play the shot, and on some instances it even comes through the shot (like when 9 ball players break off) I never really noticed it until i recorded myself playing, now i can see how bad it is effecting me. Can anyone give me tips on learning to keep my shoulder up on the shot, and stopping it from come through. Any help would be so much appreciated
      first thing to work on is how you walk into a routine shot, and then how stable/good your stance is, as this could be the start of your bad cueing.

Comment

i seem to play well sometimes, then afte a few days i go back to playing bad, then my technique doesnt work for me at all. Then i find another way of playing, and then that works well for a while, then after a few days that doesnt work anymore. I cant seem to find a technique i can rely on all the time.

Comment

My advise is to get a few coaching lessons this has helped me out loads.

When you say you keep changing you technique untill you start playing well this is a definate No..No. You need to keep to one that suits you because changing will only damage your snooker.

Get a coach, he will tell you what you need to be doing and what you are doing wrong. If he changes things in your technique you will play poorly because your not used to it and will be thinking about it every shot but persereve with it and then you will reap the rewards.

Good luck

Comment

i have had a few coaching lessons, and my coach has said i should be regulary making 60 breaks evrytime im at the table, but no matter what i do i seem to struggle to ake 20's in a game. Im always to self concious of my technique. However my coach has took me my technique is fine, but when i play bad i seem to blame it on my technique, many people have told me its because my shoulder drops, but my coach says it doesnt seem to effect my cueing. How do you go about lining you shotd up?

Comment

The way i line up my shots are:

1, hold the cue in my right hand at the butt end and put by my side/hip
              2, look at the angle of the pot and line my cue/body up with that angle
              3, take half a step in with my leading leg/right then a full step with the trailing leg/left. Doing this means your arm to the angle of the shot should be in-line.
              4, cue up to the cueball as normal and play the the shot.
              5, make sure you keep your head down on the shot untill the object ball has reached the pocket.

Hope this helps

Comment

Practice straight cuing by using the baulk line to cue along with no balls. Follow through and see if the cue deviates from the line.
                www.mixcloud.com/jfd

Comment

Working...
                X