X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mick 142
    replied
    Originally Posted by TheMaverick View Post
    I have a serious question. All through my life I have set myself challenges to give me something to aim for. Whether in another sport or business.

This month I will complete the sale of a business and am very fortunate that I will not need to work for a while. I am looking to set myself a challenge and have thought about a snooker one.

I have not played for 10 years and when younger my highest break was 25. Not astounding. I am 40 now and have came up with an idea. I am from Glasgow and have access to a very good club. The one John Higgins practices at.

My challenge is within that year play and practice every single day and read as many books, find a coach and watch as many DVDs as possible. The aim is within that year achieve a 147.

What do you think my chances are in all seriousness???
    No chance.

Leave a comment:

• TheMaverick
    replied
    Originally Posted by cueball22 View Post
    Just wondering how much you played when you got your 25, because I think your gnona need some real natural talent to get a 147 in a year.

I think you should set your sights a bit lower, maybe try for a century in the year then build on that if you manage it.
    I was 19/20 I think. No half measures. I'm going for the 147 ha ha

Leave a comment:

• TheMaverick
    replied
    Originally Posted by Bigmeek View Post
    Certainly not easy and my first thoughts are its too difficult. May be better to start with something a bit easier and build up. Possibly start with beating your lifetimes best of 25 then aim for a 50. A fifty is a good target for an amateur. If you can hit a century within say six months then maybe you can turn your attention to a 147. Good idea to get some lessons.
    PS My thoughts are those of someone who has played for nearly 50 years and have yet to get a 50 break! Just ain't got it. lol.
    I am like a dog with a bone and will have a lot of free time. My wife runs her business so effectively I will treat it like a full time job and play 7 hours a day. My first aim is to set myself those challenges and 25 will be the first, then 50, 75, 100 and then the 147.

Leave a comment:

• jrc750
    replied
    Your almost starting from scratch then, wish you all the luck but i would say chances are not high lol.
    Maybe a 147 doing line up would be possible, but normal balls spread about is so much harder, i can't see it myself , sorry
    Prove me wrong tho, come on here with regular updates please.

Leave a comment:

• Bigmeek
    replied
    Certainly not easy and my first thoughts are its too difficult. May be better to start with something a bit easier and build up. Possibly start with beating your lifetimes best of 25 then aim for a 50. A fifty is a good target for an amateur. If you can hit a century within say six months then maybe you can turn your attention to a 147. Good idea to get some lessons.
    PS My thoughts are those of someone who has played for nearly 50 years and have yet to get a 50 break! Just ain't got it. lol.

Leave a comment:

• cueball22
    replied
    Just wondering how much you played when you got your 25, because I think your gnona need some real natural talent to get a 147 in a year.

I think you should set your sights a bit lower, maybe try for a century in the year then build on that if you manage it.

Leave a comment:

• TheMaverick
    replied
    Originally Posted by spike View Post
    Your aim to achieve a 147 in practise or in a match??

Big difference..
    Practice. Too many variables in a match but who knows with progress. Either way I don't see it being easy

Leave a comment:

• spike
    replied
    Your aim to achieve a 147 in practise or in a match??

Big difference..

Leave a comment:

• TheMaverick
    started a topic Snooker Challenge

Snooker Challenge

I have a serious question. All through my life I have set myself challenges to give me something to aim for. Whether in another sport or business.

This month I will complete the sale of a business and am very fortunate that I will not need to work for a while. I am looking to set myself a challenge and have thought about a snooker one.

I have not played for 10 years and when younger my highest break was 25. Not astounding. I am 40 now and have came up with an idea. I am from Glasgow and have access to a very good club. The one John Higgins practices at.

My challenge is within that year play and practice every single day and read as many books, find a coach and watch as many DVDs as possible. The aim is within that year achieve a 147.

What do you think my chances are in all seriousness???
Working...
X