Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

snooker elbow?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by Shockerz View Post
    I used to get elbow problems a good while back when playing but I got a few exercises to do and it certainly helped.

    I used to get lots of shoulder issues (rotator cuff) so used to do exercises for that and then when one of the elbows started up, I did similar circular exercises for this and basic stretching.

    What's amazing with lots of injuries (like shoulder) is that it can be other places in your body that can be causing the issue and in my case with my shoulder, lazy posture watching the TV.

    I don't get too many elbow issues now (touch wood) as the exercises certainly helped so it's nice to have a few quick helps ones in your locker.
    It’s an old thread this but one worth of replying to .
    Ive had ongoing issues with my shoulder due to repetitive strain at work. I’ve also aggravated it various ways with sport and like you say sitting at a bad angle when watching telly. Another way I really messed my it up along with my elbow was throwing the dogs ball in one of those plastic throwers as if it was an Olympic sport .
    Snooker hasn’t really aggravated it yet which has been surprising but I guess it’s not so hard impact as what I was doing before . I was playing at around 10-15 hours a week before this last lockdown .
    Exercises are a great way of helping it as you say and I have a few a do at work as soon as I feel any problems with my rotary cuff . I think the key is to recognise the onset of an issue and put things in motion before it gets worse . I get some right funny looks at work with the exercises I do though

    Comment


    • #17
      I have acupuncture on elbow and knee ,hit a tree root with a 9 iron in Tenerife a few years ago ,got instant de cell from full swing ( Hendry) dislocated elbow and broke small bone ,it plays up on and off for a few years and still does .Awaiting knee replacement at moment and have exhausted every other option but its f**ked .One thing about injuries and pain in joints ,always see a Doctor or some sort of sports pro ,while its good to hear what other people have done and got busted up ,never take advice on what to do about it unless its from some one in the medical profession ,every injury is different and you will do more harm than good .Accupuncture ,Zapain , Cortisone and Wild Turkey have got me an extra year out me knee,I'm a big believer in acupuncture ,it does work for me .

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by Starsky View Post

        It’s an old thread this but one worth of replying to .
        Ive had ongoing issues with my shoulder due to repetitive strain at work. I’ve also aggravated it various ways with sport and like you say sitting at a bad angle when watching telly. Another way I really messed my it up along with my elbow was throwing the dogs ball in one of those plastic throwers as if it was an Olympic sport .
        Snooker hasn’t really aggravated it yet which has been surprising but I guess it’s not so hard impact as what I was doing before . I was playing at around 10-15 hours a week before this last lockdown .
        Exercises are a great way of helping it as you say and I have a few a do at work as soon as I feel any problems with my rotary cuff . I think the key is to recognise the onset of an issue and put things in motion before it gets worse . I get some right funny looks at work with the exercises I do though
        Lol. Dogs eh!

        Mine started badly when he was pulling against his tug toy and I used to lift it in the air and hold my arm out with him dangling and he was about 6 stone. He loved it but I came a cropper.

        Luckily I'm older now and we both are just happy to go to the fridge for exercise.
        Snooker Crazy - Cues and Equipment Sales Website
        Snooker Crazy - Facebook Page
        Snooker Crazy - You Tube Channel

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by Shockerz View Post

          Lol. Dogs eh!

          Mine started badly when he was pulling against his tug toy and I used to lift it in the air and hold my arm out with him dangling and he was about 6 stone. He loved it but I came a cropper.

          Luckily I'm older now and we both are just happy to go to the fridge for exercise.


          I’ve got a Cockapoo who is ball mad and looks at me disappointedly when I now throw it like a big girls blouse to avoid any further injury.

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by Starsky View Post



            I’ve got a Cockapoo who is ball mad and looks at me disappointedly when I now throw it like a big girls blouse to avoid any further injury.
            I used to use one of those plastic dog ball thrower things, they go miles with very little effort.

            The problem is that as we are guys we then try and break a world record. My dog looked at a few and then me thinking you're having a laugh, I'm not getting that one.
            Snooker Crazy - Cues and Equipment Sales Website
            Snooker Crazy - Facebook Page
            Snooker Crazy - You Tube Channel

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by Shockerz View Post

              I used to use one of those plastic dog ball thrower things, they go miles with very little effort.

              The problem is that as we are guys we then try and break a world record. My dog looked at a few and then me thinking you're having a laugh, I'm not getting that one.
              That’s exactly it there... all blokes are the same in that respect . My son even does it and he’s only 15. Of course I’ve told him not to do it and he ignores me completely

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by Starsky View Post

                That’s exactly it there... all blokes are the same in that respect . My son even does it and he’s only 15. Of course I’ve told him not to do it and he ignores me completely
                To be fair, my Dad gave me lots of advice I ignored and I wished I'd taken a lot of it.

                We all get it once we've lived a life but I'd still like to be young again just kicking a football and thinking, "Yeah, whatever..."
                Snooker Crazy - Cues and Equipment Sales Website
                Snooker Crazy - Facebook Page
                Snooker Crazy - You Tube Channel

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by mikee View Post
                  I have acupuncture on elbow and knee ,hit a tree root with a 9 iron in Tenerife a few years ago
                  That must have been a wild tee shot to have ended up in Tenerife




                  Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
                  but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X