Shoulders on the line of aim?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shoulders on the line of aim?

Hi all, I am new to the forum and i got a question regarding the stance. I have been trying to get my shoulders on the line of aim but it seems very difficult (i.e i haven't succeeded even once), although quite a few of the top 16 professionals do it quite easily (Trump, Ronnie, Murphy, Robertson). Is there a certain way to twist your hips or maybe walk into the shot to be able to do that? I am a left-handed player with a stance just off vertical (right foot slightly in front). And yes i do know that the most important thing for stance is comfort but i am looking for an easier means to cue straight consistently. Shorter people tend to get their shoulders online easier and more naturally, I don't know why. A lot of my friends who play just do it straight away. Whilst taller people seem to do what Williams does: shoulders closer to perpendicular to the line of aim. What do you think?

Thanks)

Unless you're plasticman or rubberman it would be impossible to get the line of the shoulders on the line of aim and I cannot reasonably see where you got this idea that the top pros do this.

To get the shoulders right you (for right-handers) should get the left armpit down to the table as much as you can without introducing discomfort. This is achieved by bending the left leg. Getting the left armpit down has the corresponding effect of raising the right shoulder up and locking it in place.

If you look at head-on positions of the pros, most of them have their grip arm shoulder behind their heads so you can't see it and they have their bridge arm shoulder either on or very near to the cheek on that side. So at best case the shoulders are on an angle across the width of the head, but never both on the line of aim

Terry
    Terry Davidson
    IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

Originally Posted by Terry Davidson View Post
      Unless you're plasticman or rubberman it would be impossible to get the line of the shoulders on the line of aim and I cannot reasonably see where you got this idea that the top pros do this.

To get the shoulders right you (for right-handers) should get the left armpit down to the table as much as you can without introducing discomfort. This is achieved by bending the left leg. Getting the left armpit down has the corresponding effect of raising the right shoulder up and locking it in place.

If you look at head-on positions of the pros, most of them have their grip arm shoulder behind their heads so you can't see it and they have their bridge arm shoulder either on or very near to the cheek on that side. So at best case the shoulders are on an angle across the width of the head, but never both on the line of aim

Terry
      Hahahaha thanks a lot, realised i didnt phrase the question correctly. I meant the cueing arm shoulder on the line of aim. Thank you very much for the advice

Comment

Working...
      X