feeling like a snooker player

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• feeling like a snooker player

The kids got me a pure cue 360 for crimbo and my son and i went to try it out yesterday. I had already been playing with it in the house(cueing up on the kitchen counter and the such , yes i know its sad)and found it quite hard to break the spring but put it down to not having a ball to hit.When we got on the table my first shot was a long blue,stun shot(it says take it easy at first but i couldnt help myself) straight in the bottom pocket with no flex, potted a couple more missed a couple but no real flex so i decided to play the games with the cue, what a difference it made to my game, even though it hardly flexed(sometimes very minor ) the threat of it made me smoother, stiller, my grip didnt tighten but the biggest change was how hard i hit the ball, it must of halved yet the reaction was enough, my positioning was so much better, in fact i would say it was the best i have ever played 3 , 30 plus breaks and 6 or 7, 20 breaks in 8 frames, also missing the chance of a very big break being on 33 and missing a brown off the spot (rushed the follow through and it was one of the slight flex shots but it was enough to make the brown rattle in the jaws) with the blue and pink on their spots and the black near pocket.
    After the games we had a muck around with it and tried some deep screw shots etc not long distances between the balls (pinks into bottom corners)about 3 feet and could pot them and get back up around the middle pocket, which was about as comfortable as i felt before it became a shot with movement in it.
    I would say it taught me 4 things 1, i hit the ball far to hard 2, i was far to quick with my forward stroke causing a snatch and my grip to tighten, and 3, i slightly collapsed at the end of the stroke dropping my left hand side of my chest and shoulder (this is where i got the slight flexing of the cue) but biggest of all 4,i must have moved on every shot off the cush and every shot with any power on it ,yesterday i felt the change , i felt like a snooker player.
    This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
    https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8
Working...
X