wearing specs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wearing specs

anybody have difficult playing the game with specs on??

i cant rest my chin on the cue with specs.. so i will lift up abit

so wat are the tips for players with specs??

I have been wearing specs for years (all of my snooker life at least) and my neck has gotten used to bending further back than most people's I would say.
    So dont lift your head but try to train your neck to bend further to the back so you can keep chin on cue and still see through the specs to the cue ball, object ball, pocket
    My PX is not huge (approx -2.5/-3 sph with -.5/-.75 cyl)
    In the past I have tried contacts (soft and gasPerm) but could not get on with them.
    Seriously interested in laser but cost is not viable at the mo.
    Anyway, I find that I use the top edge of the specs to help me ensure my head is vertical as I use the edge aligned with the far cushion of the table
    There have been several threads about specs/contacts/surgery so have a search and see what others have said.
    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Use a Spec Up or a Spoony, a little device that fits under the nose bridge of your glasses and lifts them up above your eyebrows. They work very well.

Comment

I wear the specs but never had a problem. Yes as DeanH says the neck has to be a bit uppish than normal but once you are used to with it no worries ... lifting the chin is no solution ... never think about doing that.
        "I am still endeavouring to meet someone funnier than my life" - Q. M. Sidd

Comment

This might be daft but could you not put a bit of tape along the bottom of your specs then put them on, this will raise them higher
          This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
          https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

I've seen people with extra large lenses especially for snooker in particular for the older guys. These glasses are rimless and have higher lenses increasing the viewing range without having to alter neck position etc

Comment

bending your neck backwards is definitely an option. I do it to as im wearing specs. however, recently i've been experimenting with a more upright stance whereby my head is lifted a little. i feel tht having such a stance allows me to have a more relaxed stroke like a pool player which i feel quite comfortable with. but thts just my opinion.

Comment

Have you tried using contact lenses ? Once you get used them you forget their there. No more annoying glasses getting in the way.

Comment

Greetings All and Happy New Year !!
                  I have been wearing rimless multi focals for the past 15 yrs.
                  Since my return to snooker after a 30 yr odd absence, I have had no issues with the glasses, I think having rimless is the key.
                  " Cues are like girlfriends,once they become an EX I don't want them hanging around ".

Comment

Originally Posted by vmax4steve View Post
                    Use a Spec Up or a Spoony, a little device that fits under the nose bridge of your glasses and lifts them up above your eyebrows. They work very well.
                    I just looked up the spoony item and its £12.50 which is cheap enough,Ill deffo give them a try.
                    One of the main reasons i dont play as much snooker as pool is my neck is in agony afterwards especially on the long shots.
                    Tried searching for spec-up and found nothing.
                    "Practice Makes Perfect"
                    "He Who Endures Conquers"
                    "Fortune Favours The Brave"

1 piece Trevor White 8.5mm Tip,17 1/2oz,57"

Comment

Working...
                    X