No announcement yet.

sighting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lol No, no I don't, but nice one les, you gave it a go m8!

Originally Posted by lesedwards View Post
    Do you know what it's like to make a great pot on a red to get in the balls only to play a afe on your next shot or go after an impossible colour. It's so sad it's getting funny. My opponent told me today I was one ing him to death...LOL

Comment

Les:

You have to keep up the practice and keep playing in the tournaments as you will learn something new probably every frame you play in a tournament.

I hope Cliff can give you some useful items and tips to get you on your way but as I've said to you many times over, there is no silver bullet, so keep on and persevere.

Terry
      Terry Davidson
      IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

Originally Posted by Terry Davidson View Post
        Les:

You have to keep up the practice and keep playing in the tournaments as you will learn something new probably every frame you play in a tournament.

I hope Cliff can give you some useful items and tips to get you on your way but as I've said to you many times over, there is no silver bullet, so keep on and persevere.

Terry
        You know me Terry I will not give up, my goal is still to finish in the top 8 in the A division. It has taken me a while to realize about the Silver Bullet...LOL practice I don't mind and when I spoke to cliff he said he would give me some routines that fit my game. I know one thing in my experience with golf when you practice there has to be a meaning to it or you are just waisting your time which is what I have been doing. I will be back down at the 6 Red tomorrow night. I have been watching some of the Maxman videos and one thing I did notice is my stance is not right. I have my right foot on the line of aim. I step in with my left but it points directly to the left then I bring my right foot in and put it on line. You did get me stepping in with the proper foot but I am not putting it on the line unless I have this mixed up.
        " Practice to improve not just to waste time "
        " 43 Match - 52 Practice - 13 Reds in Line Up "
        http://www.ontariosnooker.club

Comment

Les:

When I came to your place the very first thing I noticed was you were putting your right foot on the line of aim and as a lefty you must put your LEFT foot on the line of aim, somewhere between the heel and the back of the toes. I recommend the arch of the foot or the laces of the shoe. (Chris Small recommends the heel).

It's not necessary to point the left foot, or the right foot either, directly down the line of aim as that places a strain on the knee joint. Point the feet 20-30* outside the line of aim but ensure the left foot is still on the line of aim of the cue. Your left foot forms the foundation for a correct set-up and this problem might be the reason you line up off the line of aim when you assume the address position.

If I'm remembering right when I got you to place your left foot correctly and also to get the grip somewhere near normal you started punching in those long blues, and that was before you had the pockets re-done.

As your left foot forms the foundation you should be working on that first and getting it correct. That way everything should be lined up straight with head (eyes), shoulder, elbow and grip hand on the line of aim and if you get that correct then it's only a matter of keeping the grip fairly loose, keeping the upper body still and using the elbow joint ONLY to backswing and deliver the cue and everything should stay on-line and all you have to concentrate on is hitting the cueball at the height and power you determined when standing behind the shot.

To develop focus on positional play you should be placing that spot where you want the cueball to end up as this will force you to have your positional thoughts settled when you hit the address position.

Terry
          Terry Davidson
          IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

Going down to practice and I know that I have been stepping in with my left foot way off the line so basically my body is centred over the line. Watching the Snooker a few mistakes going on.

Comment

Well I had my 2 hour coaching session with Cliff today. First off I just want to say he is a great guy. He made me feel like I had known him for years. First off he through balls all over the table and told me to just start potting which ever one I wanted well he observed. He had a little note pad which he took notes on and his first comment was he really like the way I take the cue back then he noticed how I put intentional right hand side on the cue ball. So he had me shoot some straight blues to centre pocket and follow the cue ball into the same pocket. I am sure you can guess what happened from there the blue almost missed on the left and the cue ball went off the right hand cushion. Now instead of playing with my stroke or grip he had me put intentional left hand side on the cue ball and I am talking very little and I potted both time after time. Then he setup a routine with a cross around the pink three balls all 4 ways and one on the pink spot and play one at a time with position and I was making them like nothing. He then had me make a couple long shots with cuts both ways and I made them too. Now I have to practice.

Comment

Well I had my 2 hour coaching session with Cliff today. First off I just want to say he is a great guy. He made me feel like I had known him for years. First off he through balls all over the table and told me to just start potting which ever one I wanted well he observed. He had a little note pad which he took notes on and his first comment was he really like the way I take the cue back then he noticed how I put intentional right hand side on the cue ball. So he had me shoot some straight blues to centre pocket and follow the cue ball into the same pocket. I am sure you can guess what happened from there the blue almost missed on the left and the cue ball went off the right hand cushion. Now instead of playing with my stroke or grip he had me put intentional left hand side on the cue ball and I am talking very little and I potted both time after time. Then he setup a routine with a cross around the pink three balls all 4 ways and one on the pink spot and play one at a time with position and I was making them like nothing. He then had me make a couple long shots with cuts both ways and I made them too. Now I have to practice.
                Hi Les,
                Does this mean that you will always have apply a touch of LHS or do expect this to even itself out over time ?
                " Cues are like girlfriends,once they become an EX I don't want them hanging around ".

Comment

Originally Posted by sydneygeorge View Post
                  Hi Les,
                  Does this mean that you will always have apply a touch of LHS or do expect this to even itself out over time ?
                  Now that is a very good question. I did not ask Cliff that but it is so minimal I can live with it. It is really about a half of tip off center.

Comment

Les,

the first "intentional", don't you mean unintentional - may be Cliff noticed you always played with a smidgeon of unintentional right hand side? so he got you to cue a tad to the left which you perceive as left hand side but in reality is probably dead centre striking ...

just my thoughts ... no-one can play consistently always playing with side (at different distances and power) which is why I think Cliff was trying to get you to play dead centre cueball even if you perceive it as slightly left ...

anyway, glad you enjoyed your time with the great man

Comment

Originally Posted by DandyA View Post
                      Les,

the first "intentional", don't you mean unintentional - may be Cliff noticed you always played with a smidgeon of unintentional right hand side? so he got you to cue a tad to the left which you perceive as left hand side but in reality is probably dead centre striking ...

just my thoughts ... no-one can play consistently always playing with side (at different distances and power) which is why I think Cliff was trying to get you to play dead centre cueball even if you perceive it as slightly left ...

anyway, glad you enjoyed your time with the great man
                      Yes your right it is un intentional side and yes it is making me hit dead center even though it does not seem like that. Now I will hit my table tomorrow night and start working on things.

Comment

I'm just curious, in situation such as this, is it possible to find the real center of the ball by moving the head to either side /or tilting it/ or do we have to learn 'the new center' until brain accepts it ? My cue stick appears to look differently depending on where my head is or how tilted is it, but it doesn't seem to affect cente. I'm not sure, though.

Best regards.

Comment

Originally Posted by ibogine View Post
                          I'm just curious, in situation such as this, is it possible to find the real center of the ball by moving the head to either side /or tilting it/ or do we have to learn 'the new center' until brain accepts it ? My cue stick appears to look differently depending on where my head is or how tilted is it, but it doesn't seem to affect cente. I'm not sure, though.

Best regards.
                          I have been through all that with Terry. He would get me straightened out and a couple days later I am right back which is not Terry's fault. So I am going to go with what I have.

Comment

What else did cliff go through with you les?
                            When is the next lesson?

I have been through all that with Terry. He would get me straightened out and a couple days later I am right back which is not Terry's fault. So I am going to go with what I have.

Comment

Originally Posted by j6uk View Post
                              What else did cliff go through with you les?
                              When is the next lesson?
                              First off no lesson scheduled but I am thinking in two weeks time. He worked with a cross on the pink ball with all reds, one on pink spot and three towards blue, three towards black and three both ways towards sides. Great excercise using all angles and learning to hold the cue ball for position. Also high blacks stunning with a touch of right side or left side to come back out for another black and also as many as possible blacks off the spot.

Comment

The cross and black routines are great. 1hr on the black a day for two weeks 'without frustration', highly recommended

First off no lesson scheduled but I am thinking in two weeks time. He worked with a cross on the pink ball with all reds, one on pink spot and three towards blue, three towards black and three both ways towards sides. Great excercise using all angles and learning to hold the cue ball for position. Also high blacks stunning with a touch of right side or left side to come back out for another black and also as many as possible blacks off the spot.

Comment

Working...
                                X