X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks,
    Absolutely spot on

Comment

Right got you, I had read it as you cue the tip through to the contact point, sorry Paul, could you still tell me why you lose the cue ball a little,
      This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
      https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

I find players generally are "feeling "where the cue ball will end up during the shot but with this method you have already determined your strength and amount of follow through and are purely concentrating on the pot, and do not concern yourself with the postion of the cue ball during the shot.
        If you have already played the shot in your mind before you take the actual shot , then the cue ball should be pretty close to where you want it to be.
        However reading your previous post i think you may be already using this method and that is why you wonder what i am talking about...

Comment

Yes I do lol, but if it means anything I think you are spot on. All the planning is done standing up , once down all you have to do is concentrate on the pot, I say this as if I have cracked it, I'm still learning this, a little sinks in every day, then some leaks out and I have to refill my brain lol.
          This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
          https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

I take it Paul12001, that when the cue ball hits the match spot on, the match will be thrown off the cushion rail but when the cue ball does not hit it full on then the match will only move slightly due to the shockwave onto the cushion rubber?
            I will persevere with your method as I think it has lots of merit.

Comment

Yes, every time you knock the match from the cushion , you are effectively potting a ball at distance with top, side , screw or a combination.
              This will train your mind to accept fully that your cueing action can be relied upon on any shot.
              Leaving only for you to keep your focus on the contact point on the object ball.
              If of course you cannot consistently hit the match , then you would need to go back to basics and correct what is wrong with your set up.
              Once you trust you know where to hit the object ball , just let the cue follow through and see what happens!
              Good luck
              Paul

Comment

Working...
              X