No announcement yet.

Technique critque

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You are very lucky to have someone good to play, keeps you concentrated when you do get a chance, and more often than not the table stays tidy, I have a terrible habit of losing interest when the blacks up by the top Cush and all the rest are on the edge of the table, lol,
    I would much rather play someone good.
    This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
    https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

You say that, here is a list of the breaks my mate had against me in a session. Frame number is on the left:

1 - 82
      2 - 88
      3 - 69
      4 - 76
      -
      -
      7 - 75
      8 - 75
      9 - 105
      10 - 83
      11 - 140
      -
      -
      14 - 87
      15 - 87
      16 - 91

I literally hardly had a shot!!!

Haha. Great to watch though.

Note: I wrote down his breaks this particular day, just cause I was interested to see what a session would look like on paper lol.
      WPBSA Level 2 - 1st4Sport Coach
      Available for personalised one-to-one coaching sessions
      --------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

OMG who you playing mate !!!!

Comment

Technique critque

...after 3 frames i would have a beer and enjoy myself
          mind control > body control > cue control > ball control

Comment

Technique critque

WOW thats phenomenal break building

Comment

That's pretty impressive, in our games he wasn't quite as prolific as your mate, only had the one century (108) which came in frame one after a terrible shot I played. He ran a few 75+ but mostly 50-70 breaks/clearances when he got in, which was enough.

Comment

This is how you learn - he sounds like a great player - semi-pro-standard but he can only pot what you leave him so you are being way too slack in this department which is actually one of the most important areas to learn in snooker. At the moment your technique is good but your shot selection and basic understanding of the game is amateurish and you should pay more attention to position and tighten up your shot selection and safety because he is picking you off at the moment - watch what he does and look for his weakness.

You will get there eventually - but you will only learn after you get sick of being tanked and start looking at copying how he gets in - Does he go for everything? learn a little patience mirror what he does and frustrate him too. Sounds like you are playing an open game which he obviously likes - the way you have to be to win is to learn to play the right shot at the right time and learn a bit of ring craft - position and patience.

Just think of it as an education if you went straight to University and did a degree at the age of 10 - its hard at first but through peer learning we get better - then if we went back to junior school it would be easy because the kids there would not be at our level - the idea is to keep playing better and better players players - learn from them - then take what you learn and use it when you do take on the lesser ones yourself.

Like I say - a small bird must first learn to fly yes?

Comment

Originally Posted by Byrom View Post
                  This is how you learn - he sounds like a great player - semi-pro-standard but he can only pot what you leave him so you are being way too slack in this department which is actually one of the most important areas to learn in snooker. At the moment your technique is good but your shot selection and basic understanding of the game is amateurish and you should pay more attention to position and tighten up your shot selection and safety because he is picking you off at the moment - watch what he does and look for his weakness.

You will get there eventually - but you will only learn after you get sick of being tanked and start looking at copying how he gets in - Does he go for everything? learn a little patience mirror what he does and frustrate him too. Sounds like you are playing an open game which he obviously likes - the way you have to be to win is to learn to play the right shot at the right time and learn a bit of ring craft - position and patience.

Just think of it as an education if you went straight to University and did a degree at the age of 10 - its hard at first but through peer learning we get better - then if we went back to junior school it would be easy because the kids there would not be at our level - the idea is to keep playing better and better players players - learn from them - then take what you learn and use it when you do take on the lesser ones yourself.

Like I say - a small bird must first learn to fly yes?
                  He's not bad. I actually think my safety game is pretty good, but his long game is phenomenal. For example I play a good safety leaving him no route back to balk or to play a containing safety so he would just pot his way out probably 7/10. I try and play tight against him, but I'm not good enough yet to make the most of the few chances I create for myself. I just need to keep at it keep the practice up as much as I can.

Comment

Originally Posted by tedisbill View Post
                    You say that, here is a list of the breaks my mate had against me in a session. Frame number is on the left:

1 - 82
                    2 - 88
                    3 - 69
                    4 - 76
                    -
                    -
                    7 - 75
                    8 - 75
                    9 - 105
                    10 - 83
                    11 - 140
                    -
                    -
                    14 - 87
                    15 - 87
                    16 - 91

I literally hardly had a shot!!!

Haha. Great to watch though.

Note: I wrote down his breaks this particular day, just cause I was interested to see what a session would look like on paper lol.
                    Jeez I bet he keeps you fit. Were the reds split wide for every frame?

Comment

Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
                      Jeez I bet he keeps you fit. Were the reds split wide for every frame?
                      Nope. Proper session playing normally.

He's been a top Player in the English Amateur and he's beaten a few of the guys we see on TV. He's pro standard basically.
                      WPBSA Level 2 - 1st4Sport Coach
                      Available for personalised one-to-one coaching sessions
                      --------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally Posted by tedisbill View Post
                        Nope. Proper session playing normally.

He's been a top Player in the English Amateur and he's beaten a few of the guys we see on TV. He's pro standard basically.
                        That is fantastic.

Comment

can we have a last name for you mate ted?

Comment

Played 5 frames today against my friend neither of us played particularly well, but I managed to snatch 2 frames from him with high a break of 27, colour clearance.
                            Also had a few attempts at the lineup which I recorded, two before he got here and one more after before the light went out. I'll get the excuses in now: Wasn't able to play on our usual table (table 2) as some muppet broke the light the other day, so had to play on 4 which has an older and slower cloth, I also had a touch of a head cold. No where near my best, just didn't feel I was cueing well today. But I suppose if you're not playing regularly what do you expect? Made a mess of all three attempts but stuck them up as I'd be interested in what people thought of the shot selection and pace. Please forgive the horrendous potting!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLEwSM7L17Q
                            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GNX38h0e5zA
                            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OfrJ_Bhd6nM

Comment

sloppy rogi, very sloppy

Comment

Originally Posted by j6uk View Post
                                sloppy rogi, very sloppy
                                can you expand on that?

Comment

Working...
                                X