• itsnoteasy
    replied
    That sounds ideal.

Leave a comment:

• Mat91
    replied
    Thanks for your feedback guys

@cyberheater andj6uk:
    I will take my camera with me next time and ask somebody to film me, than I can upload it and you guys can make youselfs an image of my play

@biffer: Thanks for following and the good wishes

@itsnoteasy: We got coaches in our club, two times a week I'm going to work with them and the rest I am practicing alone and with other members I'm really keen in receiving some quality coaching, as I want to learn it right from the beginning! Thanks for your advice

Leave a comment:

• itsnoteasy
    replied
    Best of luck Mat on your journey Into the greatest game ever.
    Are you considering coaching, or just going to try it out yourself for a bit? Some coaching now before you develop bad habits could give you a great head start with the game, it could save you months if not years of trial and error.
    Last edited by itsnoteasy; 10 May 2014, 07:08 PM.

Leave a comment:

• biffer
    replied
    I will be reading and waiting for the next instalment. good luck

Leave a comment:

• j6uk
    replied
    yeah stick a little video of you playing mat and we'll see what we can do for you. enjoy tsf

Leave a comment:

• cyberheater
    replied
    Sounds good. Can you throw up a video of you potting some balls?

Leave a comment:

• Mat91
    started a topic A new players diary

A new players diary

Hello,

for everyone who hasn't read my introduction,
    my name is Mathias, I'm 22 years old and life in Germany.
    I played Snooker when I was 14 but had a long break until now. Last week I took the jump into the cold water and started playing in my old club again.

I want this thread to be my progress diary, in which you and I can see whether there is a visible development in my play or there is not Maybe this is also helpful for other people starting to play the game. One can always learn from others mistakes. So this is not a traditional 'I got a question concerning my stance/grip/whatever' thread. But I'm sure there will be loads of questions along the way

So to begin with, I guess a snapshot of my current playing abilities is a good start.

Well there isn't much to be honest ^^
    But here are the things which work quite good.

My stance feels natural and good for me, my coach calls it 'modern stance' and is happy with it.
    My grip is fine, I have no problems with it so far and got no critiques on it.
    I found my left eye to be the dominant one and when estimating potting angles, 7 out of 10 balls fall into the pocket, with a tendency to 8 of 10.
    The process of cueing runs quite smoothly, I do some swings and deliver the cue through the white.

My current weaknesses are:

Hitting the white ball straight in the center, when using
    a higher speed. I seem to hit it with a bit of side spin.
    Lifting the cue holding arm a bit, so that the cue is often not parallel to the table. This makes my attempts of adding screw to the shot often worthless.
    Recognizing the right pace to pot the ball and get positon on the next one.
    Ball physics, how to hit the cue ball, to pot and get position.

Well that's where I am now

So the next step for me is to set goals, I want to reach short term (during the next month) and long term ( until christmas 2014).

First my longterm goals:
    Shooting breaks of 30 points regularly. Maybe a large goal, but I am confident to make it

Short term May-June:
    Lower my cue arm until it is parallel to the table all the time.
    Hitting the ball straight on higher paces.

I hope through walking step by step I can improve my game without setting myself to much under pressure.

For the next month I plan to train at least 3 times a weak for 4 hours.

So that's all for today I hope some of you will acompany me on this long journey. If you have any tips on how I should write the diary, so that you can follow me easy and see the progress, suitable training exercises, or whatever please let me know

Thanks for reading and have a nice evening!

Best wishes
    Mathias
Working...
X