• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kflps
    replied
    Originally Posted by j6uk View Post
    i think youll need to put up a video so we can see where your at
    you can see the 'veering offline' which i described in my last post in the 1st vid that i posted here on this thread.since these videos i've changed my weight distribution (about 60% weight on the back foot),i have my cue in contact with the chest at all times (not bringing the cue into chest but slowly lowering down until the chest touches the cue),i have my forearm point straight down the floor and not too far back & i have my right toe pointing almost directly on the shot line.but i still have the upper arm movement despite these changes.might post another video with these changes but i really don't think the upper arm movement has much to do with my technique i've tried just about everything yet nothing seems to work,i believe it has to do with the shoulder dislocation i suffered in the past causing my upper arm to be unstable
    Last edited by kflps; 25 June 2015, 09:41 AM.

Leave a comment:

• j6uk
    replied
    i think youll need to put up a video so we can see where your at
    Originally Posted by kflps View Post
    i'm putting a bit unwanted sidespin on some of my shots causing me to miss certain pots or position.also i have a difficulty potting long straight-in shots especially with draw.also i can see the cue veer off a little sideways during feathering/delivery

Leave a comment:

• kflps
    replied
    how do you know you didnt, did, or even have a problem? how can you tell that your cueing across the ball?
    i'm putting a bit unwanted sidespin on some of my shots causing me to miss certain pots or position.also i have a difficulty potting long straight-in shots especially with draw.also i can see the cue veer off a little sideways during feathering/delivery

Leave a comment:

• j6uk
    replied
    unfortunately in the last 2 days of practice i found out that i actually didn't fix the problem..maybe i was cueing a bit straighter that day & maybe i was playing better because i was playing faster..but the next day the same thing as all the other times,cueing across the balls but this time i was pulling the cue a bit towards my body not away from it which makes sense because of the change i made..i've tried just about everything so the only explanation i can think of is that the problem has to do with the shoulder dislocation i suffered 3 years back because my shoulder is still a bit unstable to this day (something like 80% out of 100% normal),hence the upper arm movement.so now i'm thinking,is there some kind of shoulder brace i can wear so it can make my shoulder more stable?is there anything i can do about it?
    how do you know you didnt, did, or even have a problem? how can you tell that your cueing across the ball?

Leave a comment:

• kflps
    replied
    Originally Posted by Terry Davidson View Post
    There is a statement somewhere by a famous coach that says '90% of delivery problems originate in the backswing' which means crooked backswing will result in crooked delivery. To prevent this first do what I mentioned above (swinging the hips to the left to clear the trouser pocket from the grip hand thumb) and have the cue snug against the chest - but not too tight. Get the right elbow up as high as you can get it.

On the backswing keep the cue on the chest and as long as your chest doesn't move the backswing will be straight. Always remember getting down on a pool table is more difficult than a snooker table.
    unfortunately in the last 2 days of practice i found out that i actually didn't fix the problem..maybe i was cueing a bit straighter that day & maybe i was playing better because i was playing faster..but the next day the same thing as all the other times,cueing across the balls but this time i was pulling the cue a bit towards my body not away from it which makes sense because of the change i made..i've tried just about everything so the only explanation i can think of is that the problem has to do with the shoulder dislocation i suffered 3 years back because my shoulder is still a bit unstable to this day (something like 80% out of 100% normal),hence the upper arm movement.so now i'm thinking,is there some kind of shoulder brace i can wear so it can make my shoulder more stable?is there anything i can do about it?
    Last edited by kflps; 25 June 2015, 03:49 AM.

Leave a comment:

• robertmac
    replied
    but, as you say, for some unknown reason he tries to confuse and belittle people with his riddles?

Very odd to post in such a childish manner. Why confuse and
    belittle people I wonder. To feel superior perhaps? Sad.

Leave a comment:

• DeanH
    replied
    Originally Posted by Leo View Post
    J6 can write perfectly good English and has excellent grammar Dean if you look back when he first started posting for the first year, even up there with the same writing grammar as Trevor white yet for some unknown reason I've never understood is to why he's decided to change the way he writes when his grammar used to be spot on.
    oh I know he used to and can write correctly and sometimes his posts can be informative and helpful; but, as you say, for some unknown reason he tries to confuse and belittle people with his riddles?

Leave a comment:

• Leo
    replied
    Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
    what the f**k are you saying? don't understand a word of that post?
    J6 can write perfectly good English and has excellent grammar Dean if you look back when he first started posting for the first year, even up there with the same writing grammar as Trevor white yet for some unknown reason I've never understood is to why he's decided to change the way he writes when his grammar used to be spot on.

Leave a comment:

• golferson123
    replied
    that ones got me beat too, budies could be yanks current bun is sun, tickuling, no idea, collieflower no idea

Leave a comment:

• DeanH
    replied
    i guess that youve got a thing for our budies tickuling the collieflower on your current bun, it could be worse
    what the f**k are you saying? don't understand a word of that post?

Leave a comment:

• j6uk
    replied
    i guess that youve got a thing for our budies tickuling the collieflower on your current bun, it could be worse

Leave a comment:

• DeanH
    replied

the question was asked and I thought, hm are they lower or not?, so I looked it up. I always thought the US would have been higher due to Americans not wanting to bend over more

Leave a comment:

• j6uk
    replied
    yeah so to be a cueista takes that littel bit more than slapping the balls around or worring about the height of the tables an so on

Leave a comment:

• DeanH
    replied
    are american tables lower than chinese 8 ball/english pool tables or are they the same height?
    Originally Posted by ace man View Post
    No idea. I've only ever played US pool and snooker.
    US pool tables are a little lower than UK pool tables, the allowed range of 1 inch lower

UK 31.5"-33.5" (80.0cm-85.0cm)
    US 30.6"-32.4" (77.9cm-82.5cm)
    [snooker 33.5"-34.5" (85.1cm-87.6cm)]

the US rules state for the bed height, where UK is table (cushion) height; US state the range of cushion height depends on a ratio of ball diameter; so the above is a calculated range of table (cushion) height.

cant find any dimension for Chinese 8-ball pool tables
    Last edited by DeanH; 21 June 2015, 01:13 PM.

Leave a comment:

• j6uk
    replied
    maybe this was me, not that im famous .. but if you can mirror a straight back swing then your on the right track to deliver the cue straight. i like to watch the cue come back so as to see all the shot. an after some practice you may find that its harder to miss

Originally Posted by Terry Davidson View Post
    There is a statement somewhere by a famous coach that says '90% of delivery problems originate in the backswing' which means crooked backswing will result in crooked delivery. To prevent this first do what I mentioned above (swinging the hips to the left to clear the trouser pocket from the grip hand thumb) and have the cue snug against the chest - but not too tight. Get the right elbow up as high as you can get it.

On the backswing keep the cue on the chest and as long as your chest doesn't move the backswing will be straight. Always remember getting down on a pool table is more difficult than a snooker table.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X