how can i increase my follow through

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how can i increase my follow through

My follow through reaches only around 3-4 inches and bridge hand is only 6-7 inches away from the ball, anyone can help me out to increase follow through and bridge hand length. it would be helpful if anyone suggests the apt way of doing this.
    hope to get helpful reply, thanks.

relaxed grip, almost as though you feel the cue about to slip out of your hand

Comment

please suggests some technical tips, for e.g: from where i should hold the cue front side or backward? or should i move my bridge 2 inches backward to get 9 inches distance from cue ball?

Comment

watch some of Neil Selman's videos on youtube link

there's about 100 of them. Covers most things
        #jeSuisMasterBlasterBarryWhite2v1977Luclex(andHisF ictiousTwin)BigSplash!

Comment

Originally Posted by bolton-cueman View Post
          watch some of Neil Selman's videos on youtube link

there's about 100 of them. Covers most things
          Excellent suggestion by Bolton, these are great videos.
          This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
          https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

my thoughts are that when addressing the cue ball, with the tip as close to the cue ball as possible/comfortable; your back hand is forward of the vertical, so when you hit the cue ball you have already used up most of the forward (follow through) movement you have available before hitting the cue ball.
            my 2c worth
            Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Terry stated to try and hit the OB too with your tip
              JP Majestic
              3/4
              57"
              17oz
              9.5mm Elk

Comment

You're standing a little to compact with you're hand 6". If you move to 9" like you say, you should free the restriction up a little.

When you do this though you ideally need someone or a mirror to look in to adjust you're back arm in relation to the front arm to keep it vertical, this will give you an extra 3". taking it to 6-7" follow through from you're 3-4"...

Hope that helps. There's plenty of vids to show you how to line up correctly.

Good luck...

Comment

Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
                  Excellent suggestion by Bolton, these are great videos.
                  Do not watch Neil Selmans videos!!! His intentions are not admirable. All he seems to do is be hell bent on slating someone else's videos, which were posted by someone (kevy62) if I remember correctly! Someone who out of the goodness of their heart has devoted their own time to help people.
                  It's more a character assassination than a sincere video submission to add to the wide collection!
                  https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=O05Fi5r6n6s
                  Last edited by inevermissblue; 14 February 2016, 08:11 PM.
                  Cheap and Cheerful! 😄
                  https://wpbsa.com/coaches/simon-seabridge/

Comment

Originally Posted by mindreader View Post
                    My follow through reaches only around 3-4 inches and bridge hand is only 6-7 inches away from the ball, anyone can help me out to increase follow through and bridge hand length. it would be helpful if anyone suggests the apt way of doing this.
                    hope to get helpful reply, thanks.
                    You don't necessarily need more follow through as the white is gone 1-2 milliseconds after contact with the tip. What's more important is delivering the tip at that 3mm target on the white with an accelerating stroke (at the proper speed for a given shot) that is on the intended line. Just let your follow through length come to a natural stop.........will be longer for harder shots vs soft shots. Trying to lengthen the follow through any more than this will lead to stroke flaws, say like elbow drop before contact, etc.

Comment

Originally Posted by inevermissblue View Post
                      Do not watch Neil Selmans videos!!! His intentions are not admirable. All he seems to do is be hell bent on slating someone else's videos, which were posted by someone (kevy62) if I remember correctly! Someone who out of the goodness of their heart has devoted their own time to help people.
                      It's more a character assassination than a sincere video submission to add to the wide collection!
                      Yeah he comes across like an arrogant *dingleberry, that's poor form and i hate people like that

*insert any four letter swear word you like
                      It's hard to pot balls with a Chimpanzee tea party going on in your head

Wibble

Comment

Originally Posted by inevermissblue View Post
                        I don't agree at all, he's simply putting right what the snookertips bloke got wrong, which was many things BTW. Selmans videos are the best on youtube.

Originally Posted by str87665 View Post
                        You don't necessarily need more follow through as the white is gone 1-2 milliseconds after contact with the tip. What's more important is delivering the tip at that 3mm target on the white with an accelerating stroke (at the proper speed for a given shot) that is on the intended line. Just let your follow through length come to a natural stop.........will be longer for harder shots vs soft shots. Trying to lengthen the follow through any more than this will lead to stroke flaws, say like elbow drop before contact, etc.
                        Agreed, don't force anything that isn't needed, let the momentum of the stroke dictate a natural follow through.

Comment

Just remember if you follow through too much. You may need to change your underwear . You may also pop a blood vessel

Comment

Originally Posted by Tony Morgan View Post
                            Just remember if you follow through too much. You may need to change your underwear . You may also pop a blood vessel
                            I'm always careful playing the Trump follow through, it gets pretty messy lol

Comment

Originally Posted by markz View Post
                              I'm always careful playing the Trump follow through, it gets pretty messy lol
                              A Trump follow through. OUCH!!!! That's surely going to burst more than a few blood vessels

Comment

Working...
                              X