• itsnoteasy
    replied
    Grip?......

Leave a comment:

• Cannonball
    replied
    Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
    Is it using a cue made from Angel ash?
    Angels don't make cues, are you crazy? Well, there is this bloke called Parris, but I digress. No, not cue wood, though maple is a stiffer wood and does change acoustics, as does the type and width of the ferrule wall. Add in the tip to this as well, e.g. laminates generally hit the ball harder than single layers, thus changing the acoustics again. Reasons to avoid maple, stiff ash, laminates and thick walled ferrules. But no, the reason for 'bad' acoustics (for any given cue) is far more fundamental.

Leave a comment:

• itsnoteasy
    replied
    Is it using a cue made from Angel ash?

Leave a comment:

• Cannonball
    replied
    ^ None of the above. I will be interested to see if players and coaches can work it out or know it should one say. Ronnie knows. I know. There is a way to avoid acoustic interference.

re Geordie: sound is the perception to those that can hear, the signal, not the cause. Could a deaf man sense it differently?

Leave a comment:

• jrc750
    replied
    Originally Posted by GeordieDS View Post
    What if you're deaf?
    Pardon ???

Leave a comment:

• itsnoteasy
    replied
    Ok I will bite, I'm guessing it's deceleration.

Leave a comment:

• itsnoteasy
    replied
    Originally Posted by GeordieDS View Post
    What if you're deaf?
    Made me laugh that one Geordie.

Leave a comment:

• MrRottweiler
    replied
    If you're suggesting the sound barrier is being broken I would say April 1st was weeks ago

Seriously though, mach 1 is about 700 MPH and I doubt anything reaches that speed on a Snooker table. It's also very loud so would be very noticable.

Leave a comment:

• GeordieDS
    replied
    What if you're deaf?

Leave a comment:

• itsnoteasy
    replied
    I take it, it's a secret.

Leave a comment:

• Cannonball
    started a topic Cueing at the Speed of Sound

Cueing at the Speed of Sound

Ever noticed the Cue Ball jumping up or seen it kick, even at relatively low force? Listen.......................................you can hear it, the collision, yes, collision. It's not how hard or soft you hit it, it wasn't the choice of shot, it wasn't where you hit the CB, the clue is in the sound. The sound of your tip striking the CB. A dull sound, a kinda th-wack sound. Not crisp. This sound can happen at any force if you listen closely enough. That's the reason for the kick, or the lack of spin even when you know you struck the CB in the right place. That's what caused the collision. What could have caused this acoustic interference with the CB? There is an answer and there is a solution to both the sound and thus the kick.

Oh yes, yes there is.
Working...
X