Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do people think of Roy Chisholm's Snooker Secrets?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by vmax4steve View Post
    At last someone else who knows, thank you throtts.

So, in the red corner, we have million of players, coaches and the scientific community. In the black corner, vmax and throtts.

Well, i don't know who to believe now.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Hello, Mr Big Shot View Post
      Ah, so we're back to the laws of physics breaking down on a snooker table, are we? The only place in the known universe where this happens.

You're too much of an idiot to explain it to. You may as well try and explain the concept of bungie jumping to a snail as tell you what happens when balls collide.
      You can't explain because you don't know. Like I said, talking bollox.

Comment

Tl:dr, but saw the final para - why didn't selby just swerve it then?
        He did, he used right hand side which swerves the cue ball. Pay attention.

Originally Posted by Hello, Mr Big Shot View Post
        So, in the red corner, we have million of players, coaches and the scientific community. In the black corner, vmax and throtts.
        "When you find yourself sideing with the majority it's time to pause and reflect."
        Mark Twain

Comment

Well, i don't know who to believe now.

So, what corner are you in, obviously not the red ...
          JP Majestic
          3/4
          57"
          17oz
          9.5mm Elk

Comment

• Originally Posted by jonny66 View Post
            You didn't mention the word collide, fail
            Lol

Comment

You can't explain because you don't know. Like I said, talking bollox.

I know, and have explained it to you many, many times. It's not my fault you're not grasping it.

Now, about why selby didn't simply play a swerve shot, then...

Comment

He did, he used right hand side which swerves the cue ball. Pay attention.

"When you find yourself sideing with the majority it's time to pause and reflect."
                Mark Twain
                He also said "denial is a river in Africa", so i don't know what to tell you man.

The cue was level - very little swerve. Look at the shot again, this time without looking at the CB at all - the OB clearly is thrown to the left on impact You have to be blind not to see it.

Comment

• Wheres the link for the Selby shot?, I am too lazy to look..
                  JP Majestic
                  3/4
                  57"
                  17oz
                  9.5mm Elk

Comment

• Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
                    Vmax is right and Dr Dave totally agrees there is always ,even if it's very very slight ,an amount of swerve on the cue ball, how much and what it does to the shot can be debated, but it's there, ask the Dr yourself if you don't believe me, as I have taken the trouble to have an email discussion about all this with him and don't just quote mine him.
                    Who has ever said differently? Quite why vmax is continually crowbarring deflection and swerve into a discussion about throw is anyone's guess.

1. Deflection.
                    2. Swerve.
                    3. Throw.

All separate entities. All calcuable and predictable, and all very much in line with the laws of physics - apart from on a snooker table, apparently.

Comment

• Originally Posted by sealer View Post
                      Play a straight shot with side and see if it turns the ball in one way or another. It doesn't.
                      Wrong! Place black on its spot, CB an inch or two behind it, now play a soft stun up the table, directly over the spots. Right spin will see the black head towards the yellow pocket and left spin will see it go towards the green pocket.

Not convinced? Now play the same shot but have the CB touching the black. Now play a deliberate push shot and see where the balls end up - they won't go up and down the spots, that's for sure.

Comment

• Originally Posted by blahblah01 View Post
                        I think that you are missing the point?

I had the CB and OB in a line with just about the straight bit of the cushion ie to the left of angle of the middle pocket. I then used (quite a lot) left middle or just above side aiming centre of OB, ie straight: at pace the OB missed left; but slowly it took the spin went in the pocket.

Any Deflection would have sent the CB right, meaning missing more left then aimed.
                        That's the baby. A soft stun shot produces the most throw, with about 50% maximum side. There's no need too really juice the ball as there comes a point where it becomes counter productive.

Dirty balls throw far more than clean balls by the way. The throw effect is simply the result of friction at contact. New or newly cleaned balls create less friction on impact, so throw is negligible.

Comment

Who has ever said differently? Quite why vmax is continually crowbarring deflection and swerve into a discussion about throw is anyone's guess.

1. Deflection.
                          2. Swerve.
                          3. Throw.

All separate entities. All calcuable and predictable, and all very much in line with the laws of physics - apart from on a snooker table, apparently.
                          I think and I hope you will agree with this Biggie ,and Vmax if I'm honest, it feels you two are that busy having a ding dong you aren't seeing that on a lot of these shots both things are happening, there is a bit of swerve and there is no doubt cut/ spin throw happening when the balls collide(just for Jonny) I have used it on balls I couldn't quite see, and they have been just behind the blocking ball so you couldn't swerve it enough for it to be swerve only, so the side had to have had an effect, but that doesn't mean there was no swerve, to me it means both things happened.
                          This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                          https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

• Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
                            I think and I hope you will agree with this Biggie ,and Vmax if I'm honest, it feels you two are that busy having a ding dong you aren't seeing that on a lot of these shots both things are happening, there is a bit of swerve and there is no doubt cut/ spin throw happening when the balls collide(just for Jonny) I have used it on balls I couldn't quite see, and they have been just behind the blocking ball so you couldn't swerve it enough for it to be swerve only, so the side had to have had an effect, but that doesn't mean there was no swerve, to me it means both things happened.

Lord alone knows why vmax is always on about swerve and deflection. He's simply in denial.

Comment

• Originally Posted by throtts View Post
                              Wheres the link for the Selby shot?, I am too lazy to look..
                              https://youtu.be/bY8-Eq3s01E

Keep your eyes on the red - don't look at the white.

From 7:40

Comment

That's the baby. A soft stun shot produces the most throw, with about 50% maximum side. There's no need too really juice the ball as there comes a point where it becomes counter productive.

Dirty balls throw far more than clean balls by the way. The throw effect is simply the result of friction at contact. New or newly cleaned balls create less friction on impact, so throw is negligible.
                                Soft drag shot using side produces the most throw

Comment

Working...
                                X