• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Terry Davidson
    replied
    Originally Posted by Ramon View Post
    you neither.
    Even if you were a mod,* you have no right to push big shot or any one else to give his name or identity.
    Or use it against him.
    I'm not telling you this bcuz i'm a mod ( no i'm not ) .
    I'm telling you this bcuz it's a right thing to do.
    As for your disagreement , i have no problem with that .
    *as far as i can see, you're chasing ghosts. not realizing the ghost does'nt exist. only in disnyland. not in snooker world.

But feel free to disagree and goodluck with your ..... well , whatever you do.

Btw , i do'nt give a monkey about the mods .
    I don't remember that 'free to remain anonymous' clause in the TSF rules and you might be right however when an anonymous poster starts to snipe at people he becomes like a sniper shooting people in the back from the bushes. Everyone should be proud of their opinions and by the way Ramon, it wasn't just me pushing for BS to come out of the closet. I sort of hopped on the bandwagon because I thought it was right. BS has ignored the request anyway.

As far as chasing ghosts I assume you mean the non-existence of SIT or that it's so minor it isn't worth considering is the ghost you're talking about. Maybe but there are a lot of snooker players who have never hear of it and when they do they say 'So what? It doesn't matter at all in how I play', and they would be right to say so. Now that statement plays right into BS' hand since he said the greatest snooker player who ever lived to date knows nothing about kicks. Do you agree with BS regarding not only SIT but also Hendry as well? That should place you in good company.

Leave a comment:

• Neil Taperell
    replied
    Big Brother is watching

Leave a comment:

• throtts
    replied

Hahahaha,,, Im telling ""Bid Bad Dean""

Leave a comment:

• Ramon
    replied
    Originally Posted by Terry Davidson View Post
    I'm not frustrated about SIT but I am definitely frustrated with you. All I did was disagree with BS, Travis and Reggie and it was like I said the earth is flat or something. This is a FORUM and people can disagree and as for me not acting like a coach I'm not a coach on here unless I'm asked, just an ordinary guy who has opinions which other people like to disparage).

Travis' video shows the cueball cutting across the OB (it went left then right) and it actually hit the OB from left to right and that is obvious from the video. It may have been a valid assumption in 1835 and today it MAY be a valid assumption using pool conditions but as for on a snooker table with a smooth nap I believe there is so little SIT it doesn't count and what we are really seeing is Impact Throw which has been re-named by the enthusiasts on here as Cut Induced Throw. Impact throw or CIT does exist and increases with power but doesn't increase with spin. Snooker players have known of this for decades but you can't get more than about 2* with it. Watch Nic Barrow's video with the board and you'll see when he shoots harder there's more OB throw but still a very small amount.

The statement made was 'I can get 15* or more with SIT. I disagree with that statement. The statement was 'SIT disappears when you use more power' and I disagree with that since the effect should be greater with more spin and more power and the analogy of a broom on ice is a red herring and I disagree with that. (Good god Mabel, he's saying the sky is falling!)

Ramon...please go back and post all those interesting videos you do very well and quit criticizing my behaviour on here because it's none of your business and you are not a Moderator as far as I can tell, but it seems you like to play at it. You can freely disagree with me on anything but at least use some valid theories to do so.
    you neither.
    Even if you were a mod,* you have no right to push big shot or any one else to give his name or identity.
    Or use it against him.
    I'm not telling you this bcuz i'm a mod ( no i'm not ) .
    I'm telling you this bcuz it's a right thing to do.
    As for your disagreement , i have no problem with that .
    *as far as i can see, you're chasing ghosts. not realizing the ghost does'nt exist. only in disnyland. not in snooker world.

But feel free to disagree and goodluck with your ..... well , whatever you do.

Leave a comment:

• Terry Davidson
    replied
    Originally Posted by pottr View Post
    Football's finished and I have been informed there is little to no chance of me engaging in sexual intercourse...

So I will sort the video tonight
    WAY too much info there pottr.

Leave a comment:

• pottr
    replied
    Sidespin on a snooker table both with and against the nap

Football's finished and I have been informed there is little to no chance of me engaging in sexual intercourse...

So I will sort the video tonight

Leave a comment:

• throtts
    replied
    Originally Posted by Terry Davidson View Post
    The dog is fine as he's a hardy breed but I might die of old age before pottr gets his videos posted.
    Its done with, Tel. He would have smashed the ipad up by now..

Leave a comment:

• Terry Davidson
    replied
    Originally Posted by travisbickle View Post
    Come on, wheres the video?
    Tel's dog must be on its last legs by now:biggrin-new:
    The dog is fine as he's a hardy breed but I might die of old age before pottr gets his videos posted.

Leave a comment:

• Terry Davidson
    replied
    Originally Posted by Hello, Mr Big Shot View Post
    Dude, you need to stop this. It was cringe ages ago - it is now getting surreal.

Tell me, using your court example, who has more credibility in cue sports than dr dave?

You? Vmax?
    All we see from Dr. Dave are some videos which actually never show the whole shot (the videos with the hi-speed camera that is). We see maybe 3" of cueball travel and 4" of object ball travel. I believe Dr. Dave is making some mistaken assumptions (what are his qualifications by the way? Does he have a Ph.D. in billiard physics?) However I talked to a very good pool player today and he plays both snooker and pool well (he won $13K on a 9-ball tourney awhile ago) and he believes SIT does take place on a pool table in small amounts but says he's never seen it on a snooker table. He is a century breaker so he knows what he's talking about but then again you said Hendry doesn't know what he's talking about. Maybe it's time you tried out your theories on a snooker table with a good nap and see if you get the same results. I don't have my pool table anymore so I can't as the nearest pool table is 25m away and I can't be arsed.

On the other hand we can wait for pottr to post his videos (if he is ever able to that is)

Leave a comment:

• travisbickle
    replied
    From what I did last night on my table, it's never an inch every foot
    Come on, wheres the video?
    Tel's dog must be on its last legs by now:biggrin-new:

Leave a comment:

• Terry Davidson
    replied
    Terry ,

Your identity gives you no privilege to prove your right in a court . [U]however when they call an expert witness the witness always has to give his qualifications, even the cops[U] , it's more about what you say and what you can prove. Tsf is not a court , btw.
    good players can smell each other* from miles away. In the game of snooker .
    unfortunately I see you are not that far. or you are so frustrated that you start losing it. What does this line mean, how far am I then?
    tbh, i do'nt care which one. Then why do you keep responding?
    But it would be nice if you start acting like a coach ?? So you are an expert on how coaches are supposed to act?

*and pay more attention to the vid Travis uploaded please I did and it's still CB curving on or near to BOB in my OPINION. Even a blind chicken can see what's happening there. That's nice of you
    You did visit UK about 40 years ago, so you should have no problem with that part. problem with what part? I left the UK in 1989, so only 28 (that's 11+17 for BS years and have been back 5 times since

Btw , get sum rest as soon as you can , looks like you need it. Yet another very nice comment, very troll-like I would say

Oh and , yeah yeah , i'm a troll . you are plus you seem to think you are the person who gets to say what conduct is correct on here.
    Do you own TSF or something?
    Thanks . Very impressive. !!!
    I'm not frustrated about SIT but I am definitely frustrated with you. All I did was disagree with BS, Travis and Reggie and it was like I said the earth is flat or something. This is a FORUM and people can disagree and as for me not acting like a coach I'm not a coach on here unless I'm asked, just an ordinary guy who has opinions which other people like to disparage).

Travis' video shows the cueball cutting across the OB (it went left then right) and it actually hit the OB from left to right and that is obvious from the video. It may have been a valid assumption in 1835 and today it MAY be a valid assumption using pool conditions but as for on a snooker table with a smooth nap I believe there is so little SIT it doesn't count and what we are really seeing is Impact Throw which has been re-named by the enthusiasts on here as Cut Induced Throw. Impact throw or CIT does exist and increases with power but doesn't increase with spin. Snooker players have known of this for decades but you can't get more than about 2* with it. Watch Nic Barrow's video with the board and you'll see when he shoots harder there's more OB throw but still a very small amount.

The statement made was 'I can get 15* or more with SIT. I disagree with that statement. The statement was 'SIT disappears when you use more power' and I disagree with that since the effect should be greater with more spin and more power and the analogy of a broom on ice is a red herring and I disagree with that. (Good god Mabel, he's saying the sky is falling!)

Ramon...please go back and post all those interesting videos you do very well and quit criticizing my behaviour on here because it's none of your business and you are not a Moderator as far as I can tell, but it seems you like to play at it. You can freely disagree with me on anything but at least use some valid theories to do so.
    Last edited by Terry Davidson; 12 September 2017, 08:51 PM.

Leave a comment:

• pottr
    replied
    Sidespin on a snooker table both with and against the nap

From what I did last night on my table, it's never an inch every foot

Leave a comment:

• Hello, Mr Big Shot
    replied
    I can think of a couple of reasons lol
    There's always one! (Well, two).

Leave a comment:

• Hello, Mr Big Shot
    replied
    I'd bet my arm it's not that much... at least on a snooker table

On a pool table though with denser balls and different cloths, I'd need to see for myself
    Am i right in thinking you've got a snooker table? You know, in your home?

Well...

Leave a comment:

• Cue crafty
    replied
    I can think of a couple of reasons lol
    There's a hundred gummy bears riding on this baby! I'm loving the videos it's only just getting going really?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X