Stun Run-Through

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stun Run-Through

Where do you hit the white to play this shot?

It depends on how much u wanna run through but usually within a tip size above the middle of the cue ball & hitting firmly in the same manner u hit when u wanna stun the cue ball dead.

But like i said it depends on how much u wanna run through so u can go a bit higher on the white if u wanna move the white a bit more forward.

Hope this helps

Comment

hit about just below or above the q-ball

Comment

Can you play a standard stun shot (stopping the white dead on a straight pot)? If not, I'd suggest practising that one first. Once you know where to hit for a stun shot on any given shot (and it will of course vary depending on distance, speed, cloth, etc), that gives you a point of reference. Slightly above is a stun run through, below is screw.

At distance, it will almost always be below centre, but beyond that there are too many variables for us to tell you, each shot is different and it's up to your judgement.

A simple practice routine for this one would be to set up a simple straight pot, say blue to middle pocket, place the white about 1½ feet away, strike the white firmly and try to get the it to roll forward just slightly after potting the blue. Get it to sit on the blue spot or just beyond it if you can.

Comment

Great, yeh, i can do stun shots

thanks

Comment

Working...
          X