• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ronnie's fastest 147 - "with cueball view"

found this on youtube:

cheers
    matt

good video. would be better if the main screen wasn't re-sized to that angle though

Comment

Amazing video mate. Thanks

Comment

Interesting vid indeed .

thanks .

Comment

it's a good one isn't it

I am amazed how little side was used, just a matter of a tip left or right.
          (like the final black to yellow, I would expected it to be much more)

I'm not sure how accurate this is, maybe some of the 100+ makers can comment on this.

matt

Comment

Originally Posted by matthias View Post
            it's a good one isn't it

I am amazed how little side was used, just a matter of a tip left or right.
            (like the final black to yellow, I would expected it to be much more)

I'm not sure how accurate this is, maybe some of the 100+ makers can comment on this.

matt
            It just a rough guess as to where abouts the cue ball was struck.

It's not possible to get it accurate, unless Ronnie sat with them and told them

Comment

I wonder if there's one for Alex's 69 clearance against Jimmy in '82 ?
              Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
              but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

Interesting video thanks mate. I can't believe Ronnie doesn't use self induced throw in this break
                "just tap it in":snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by tomwalker147 View Post
                  Interesting video thanks mate. I can't believe Ronnie doesn't use self induced throw in this break
                  he's special

do you think this is accurate? (or close to)

Comment

Good point.

But it does'nt mean that Ronnie ( or other pro's ) use it never . and It does not exist

SIT is simply the result of throw ( effect ) . It's not rocket science !!!
                    It's not something which happens in every single frame you play. You do'nt need it all the time (as mentioned many times??).
                    But sometimes it can be useful to know what it is and how to pull it off. In case, you need it.
                    Especially in that standard (level) that Ronnie plays, just missing that one shot could be the end of break and frame (even a turning point in the match).

I assume that I do'nt have to explain these pictures !!

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Comment

Originally Posted by AmarZain View Post
                      It just a rough guess as to where abouts the cue ball was struck.

It's not possible to get it accurate, unless Ronnie sat with them and told them
                      And even then, would he be able to remember how the cushions reacted, the table ran and so on? And he would be in the same situation as us, not able to see the precise angle as he isnĀ“t standing in front of the cue ball but would have to rely on a televised record from an angle that might not be perfect for seeing the shot.
                      ....its not called potting its called snooker. Quote: WildJONESEYE
                      "Its called snooker not potting" Quote: Rory McLeod

Comment

he's special

do you think this is accurate? (or close to)
                        I think it's fairly accurate. On his show Ronnie shows us "how to make a 147".... He explains there that most of the shots are centre ball striking, up and down the middle of the cue ball.
                        That seems to be what he does in this video too.
                        "just tap it in":snooker:

Comment

I think it's fairly accurate. On his show Ronnie shows us "how to make a 147".... He explains there that most of the shots are centre ball striking, up and down the middle of the cue ball.
                          That seems to be what he does in this video too.
                          thanks mate.

Comment

thanks mate.
                            Yes, I would say its very accurate too. I said it a long while back, Pros and consistent breakers use side quite a lot.
                            JP Majestic
                            3/4
                            57"
                            17oz
                            9.5mm Elk

Comment

Originally Posted by throtts View Post
                              Yes, I would say its very accurate too. I said it a long while back, Pros and consistent breakers use side quite a lot.
                              huh? maybe it's a dominant eye thing?

hahahaha
                              Last edited by matthias; 26 October 2017, 01:15 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X