Can any one Help me?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can any one Help me?

Iam pretty new to the game snooker i practice alot but my highest break is only 24 i think this is because i dont do positianal play as im not sure how to stop the q ball dead,make it go forward,or bring it back i would like to acheive a break of at least over 50 can any one help.

It's a hard thing to describe, with out seeing how you play; your stance, cue action ect... But I can try to give you a few tips.
    To screw back hit the cue-ball at the bottom and have a long backswing and I find a pause really helps before hitting the cue-ball. Like I said it's hard to put into words.
    To go forward use top but it's pretty much the same as screw back but only with top. My high break is only 20 on a full-size table but i'm good at screwing back and have a reasonable knowledge of side, stun ect...
    Maybe you could go to coaching classes at your local club.
    'I'm nuts,' - Ronnie O'Sullivan

Comment

What is your nearest club and in which part of the country?

Tim Dunkley
      http://www.snooker-coach.co.uk

Comment

I would recommend you try to watch more advanced players as much as possible, so you can learn from seeing what is happening as it's done before your eyes.

The fine points of cueball control that you're describing can't be entirely conveyed by words alone, it needs to be developed through experience gained through play and instruction.

Becoming proficient at this game takes years and years of solid play for most people, so that's likely to be what you'll also need to achieve your goals.

There aren't really any shortcuts.

Comment

Trevor's right of course, improvement is always going to take time and effort, but advice from players who've been through it themselves can still speed things along a little.

'Timing' of the shot is one thing you have to develop largely by yourself, but a common mistake to avoid is hitting the ball too hard (usually a result of trying too hard to screw back and tensing up). Try to be firm but smooth, accelerate through the shot with your arm like a pendulum. Keep the cue horizontal, and follow through.

[Threads merged]

Comment

Originally Posted by jamiec
            Iam pretty new to the game snooker i practice alot but my highest break is only 24 i think this is because i dont do positianal play as im not sure how to stop the q ball dead,make it go forward,or bring it back i would like to acheive a break of at least over 50 can any one help.
            i play position and my break is 27 to screw you hit almost the very bottom of the cueball to stun you hit just below centre and top you hit the top

Comment

Working...
            X