Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Video: Developing Cue Power

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • New Video: Developing Cue Power

    New video now on YouTube about using a longer backswing to help you develop and bit more cue power and timing on the shot.

    Please like the video and subscribe to the channel if you find these videos useful.

    Thanks everyone!

    WPBSA Level 2 - 1st4Sport Coach
    Available for personalised one-to-one coaching sessions
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Contact: steve@bartonsnooker.co.uk
    Website: www.bartonsnooker.co.uk

  • #2
    SnookerZone did a video to illustrate just how good these tips are from Steve and here's a short video of me practicing cue power...

    Watch the video on the link below...

    https://snookerzone.co.uk/5-secrets-...er-in-snooker/
    Follow my snooker Articles/stories on Twitter@chrisgaynor2

    Comment


    • #3
      Firstly Chris, that looks excellent. Some lovely shots there. Getting through the ball nicely and getting lots of reaction out of the white.

      Secondly, thank you for supporting the videos I'm making and all the positive comments you've made. It really is much appreciated.
      WPBSA Level 2 - 1st4Sport Coach
      Available for personalised one-to-one coaching sessions
      --------------------------------------------------------------------
      Contact: steve@bartonsnooker.co.uk
      Website: www.bartonsnooker.co.uk

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally Posted by tedisbill View Post
        Firstly Chris, that looks excellent. Some lovely shots there. Getting through the ball nicely and getting lots of reaction out of the white.

        Secondly, thank you for supporting the videos I'm making and all the positive comments you've made. It really is much appreciated.
        Thanks Steve - that tip has kickstarted my game I feel! the vids are great and no problem! they're worth promoting!
        Follow my snooker Articles/stories on Twitter@chrisgaynor2

        Comment


        • #5
          This was in my head today while I was practising (first time in months) Are you in the "get that cue moving" camp of having a long action on every shot, or just pull it out the bag when you have to?

          P.S What's the name of that coach that liked a long cue action? He always gets mentioned when Anthony Hamilton is on TV, coached Stephen Hendry. I'm quite sure he's dead. RIP

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally Posted by jonny66 View Post
            This was in my head today while I was practising (first time in months) Are you in the "get that cue moving" camp of having a long action on every shot, or just pull it out the bag when you have to?

            P.S What's the name of that coach that liked a long cue action? He always gets mentioned when Anthony Hamilton is on TV, coached Stephen Hendry. I'm quite sure he's dead. RIP
            I wouldn't have a 'long action' on every shot. You can feather how you want. The amount you then pull the cue back, is determined by the power of shot you require.

            If you're dropping a red, I don't have a long action for that, and my feathers would match the 'feel' for that shot. But if I'm playing a black screwing back off the cushion like in my video, I will use a long backswing to generate the speed and spin on the white with much less effort. Also, as I say in the video, this helps to keep the muscles in the arms and shoulders relaxed. The more relaxed you can remain, the more the cue will stay online.
            WPBSA Level 2 - 1st4Sport Coach
            Available for personalised one-to-one coaching sessions
            --------------------------------------------------------------------
            Contact: steve@bartonsnooker.co.uk
            Website: www.bartonsnooker.co.uk

            Comment


            • #7
              The coach you're referring to is Frank Callan...I think...

              I agree with Steve here, although, if you watch Higgins and Selby and I maybe wrong but they seem to have a long (ish) cue action for most shots?
              Follow my snooker Articles/stories on Twitter@chrisgaynor2

              Comment


              • #8
                yep, always noticed Higgins nearly going off the back of his V he pulls back so much


                Steve, many thanks for the videos; played last night and thought of this video when I needed that 'little bit more' and I got some superb reactions that were noted by some player-friends on the other table
                cheers
                Up the TSF!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally Posted by tedisbill View Post
                  I wouldn't have a 'long action' on every shot. You can feather how you want. The amount you then pull the cue back, is determined by the power of shot you require.

                  If you're dropping a red, I don't have a long action for that, and my feathers would match the 'feel' for that shot. But if I'm playing a black screwing back off the cushion like in my video, I will use a long backswing to generate the speed and spin on the white with much less effort. Also, as I say in the video, this helps to keep the muscles in the arms and shoulders relaxed. The more relaxed you can remain, the more the cue will stay online.
                  Thanks Steve, keep up the good work
                  Originally Posted by chrisg View Post
                  The coach you're referring to is Frank Callan...I think...

                  I agree with Steve here, although, if you watch Higgins and Selby and I maybe wrong but they seem to have a long (ish) cue action for most shots?
                  Frank Callan, that's the one, cheers.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    i have been told to keep the long back swing and vary the speed of delivery for different shots. it stops jabbing and encourages a smoother delivery.
                    this is what i do rather than changing the length of back swing

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally Posted by alabadi View Post
                      i have been told to keep the long back swing and vary the speed of delivery for different shots. it stops jabbing and encourages a smoother delivery.
                      this is what i do rather than changing the length of back swing
                      You can't have a long backswing if you're dropping red in at 3/10 power. You'll just decelerate and not hit the ball very well.

                      Don't get me wrong, I really encourage a long backswing. Most players are too short. But be careful about using it properly.
                      WPBSA Level 2 - 1st4Sport Coach
                      Available for personalised one-to-one coaching sessions
                      --------------------------------------------------------------------
                      Contact: steve@bartonsnooker.co.uk
                      Website: www.bartonsnooker.co.uk

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                        yep, always noticed Higgins nearly going off the back of his V he pulls back so much


                        Steve, many thanks for the videos; played last night and thought of this video when I needed that 'little bit more' and I got some superb reactions that were noted by some player-friends on the other table
                        cheers
                        Funnily enough, this happened to me in the club at the weekend. A couple of guys playing on a table near me said that guy knows how to screw back far!
                        Follow my snooker Articles/stories on Twitter@chrisgaynor2

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          nearly verbatim, except for the expletives my friends used

                          one was a straight black off its spot to the side cushion over to the next side cushion just above the middle pocket and out into middle of the table for the yellow
                          it was like TV - on a not very fast, heavy cloth club table
                          It was hard not to grin at that time!
                          Up the TSF!

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                            nearly verbatim, except for the expletives my friends used

                            one was a straight black off its spot to the side cushion over to the next side cushion just above the middle pocket and out into middle of the table for the yellow
                            it was like TV - on a not very fast, heavy cloth club table
                            It was hard not to grin at that time!
                            Yes, very satisfying when others watch you and are wondering how did he manage to screw all the way from the brown spot down to the black spot! hahahaha
                            Follow my snooker Articles/stories on Twitter@chrisgaynor2

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X