Glove

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glove

Has anyone tried wearing one? I 'suffer' from sweaty hands occasionally when I'm playing and its putting me off.

I'd prefer a Jamie Lannister hand to a glove.
    ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Com'n, little finger deserves a break !

Comment

My club was being renovated a few years back, so I had to use a different and very hot club for a few months. Very sweaty. I used a glove for a few sessions, and it worked as expected, stopped the cue sticking on my bridge hand. I used a fingerless one as I didn't want my hand slipping on the cloth. I used a molinari one which I got from pro9 website. It wasn't particularly cheap, but the one's for £2 on amazon had bad reviews.

As long as you don't mind looking like Michael Jackson, its a very simple and effective solution to sticky hands. I didn't get any grief. But the other members were hardly society's creme de la creme, so it wouldn't have bothered me if they had.

Comment

Dunno why a glove is frowned upon by some, you have these other tools putting chalk all over their bridge area and playing ffs.

Comment

Hmmm, I might invest in one then. Better to look like a pillock than play like one!

Comment

Originally Posted by Steven G View Post
              Hmmm, I might invest in one then. Better to look like a pillock than play like one!
              They're handy to have in the summer months, hear plenty of people saying their cue is sticking on the bridge. I ordered one yesterday and should be here tomorrow

Comment

Steven G. If a glove works for you then go for it. There's a few pros use them and a couple of my mates use them. If you have unusually sweaty hands then trying to play good snooker is hard. You end up continually washing and drying your hands which detracts from you being able to properly concentrate on playing your match.

Comment

Gloves can help and are popular in American pool. I used 1 once when my hands were too sticky, but I didn't get on with it as I could not feel the shot the same. However definitely worth a try. I tend to dampen one corner of cue towel nowadays and wipe cue/hand when necessary
                  I went into a chemist and asked for a deodorant, the assistant said "ball, stick or aerosol", "No, I want it for under my arms!" was my reply.

Comment

Originally Posted by Steven G View Post
                    Only if you go first lol.
                    Snooker Crazy - Cues and Equipment Sales Website
                    Snooker Crazy - Facebook Page
                    Snooker Crazy - You Tube Channel

Comment

I got one for the summer and liked it so much I started using it all the time, that was over ten years ago, can't play without one now, feel naked keeps the cue clean also.
                      I don't like the fingerless ones as they allow the skin of the fingers to touch the shaft when bridging off the cushion rail.
                      If you play with a maple shaft, which is smoother than ash, it's a definate help.
                      Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
                      but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

I've got two! My hand I grip the cue with gets VERY sweaty so I need one to wear on that hand!
                        Follow my snooker Articles/stories on Twitter@chrisgaynor2

Comment

The glove has arrived!

Comment

The glove works! A 5-0 victory at Sam's, Hartlepool. Best £8 I've ever spent!

Comment

good to hear and a nice win
                              Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Working...
                              X