Can’t help putting left hand side on cue ball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can’t help putting left hand side on cue ball

any idea why I always put left hand side on the cue ball ...I am right handed
    left eye dominant but this eye is the weakest ...I line the shot up with the cue in the middle of both eyes I think ...it’s very annoying

I had the same problem. Try to make lighter contact with your chest and keep the chin on the cue during delivery

Comment

Well I do hold my cue lightly against my chest ...but in my latter years can’t place my chin on the cue and be able to see where I’m aiming ...maybe that’s the problem

Comment

If you have a dominant eye you gotta aim with it, otherwise you will cue across... you can't really trick your mind to aim with the non-dominant eye (well, maybe you can but it will take you years). If your sight is bad you should approach this first.
        "That pocket moved!"

Comment

Thanks ..I will try it today

Comment

Try to stand square to find the vision centre using both eyes before getting down. As you are left eye dominant, if you approach the shot with right leg on the line of aim, your body will be a bit to the left, when you aim once you down with your left eye is using more to aim, where the centre would be a bit to the left. Try and Hope this help.

Comment

I do stand square then place right leg on the line of aim...I don’t quite understand what you mean sorry ..body a bit to the left ?

Comment

I may be wrong that I presumed you are putting your right leg to the line of aim.

In order to find the centre of the cue ball, I tried the method Recommended by Nic and it did help me a lot.

https://www.thesnookergym.com/blog/s...ls-confidently

Hope this help.

Comment

I would have someone record you from head on and post the link on here. Then one of the experts here (I'm not one) might be able to see if you're lined up wrong to begin with, or are lined up straight and are coming through the cue ball crooked. Just an idea.

Comment

Like already alluded to.. it would seem from what you are saying that you are not delivering the cue straight hence the unwanted side. Work on straight delivery of the cue so that you are striking the cue ball exactly where you want to..

Comment

Thanks for all your reply’s I will take it onboard and try some of your ideas in practice

Comment

Working...
                      X