Screwing back

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by bluenose1940 View Post
    Whilst I am now much better at screwing back, I can't seem to get the cue ball to come back more than 2 feet. I have been watching the latest tournament on Sky today and have noticed where the players address the ball when screwing back and, I notice that they seem to address it much higher than I do. When I am doing my feathers, my cue tip is literally touching the cloth, you could just about get a piece of paper between my tip and the cloth. Would I get more action on the ball if I play it slightly higher?
    Hitting the ball to hard ! you may be thinking about the distance you want the cue ball to screw back result you force the shot and hit the ball to hard and the backspin does not have time to take effect, watch Mark Williams.

Comment

Well, further to my original post on this subject. I was at the club yesterday and found myself on the blue, which was sat about halfway between the green spot and the corner pocket with the cue ball in an absolutely perfect straight line with the blue and the pocket. The pink and black balls were both on their spots and so it was necessary for me to screw back when potting the blue in order to be on the pink. My plan was hopefully to screw back enough to pot the pink in the black pocket (green side) and then roll through to be on the black. It didn't work out that way, I screwed so far back that I had to pot the pink in the middle pocket on the green side and then I had to go for the black from much further away than I wanted, I missed but I didn't need it but I was so chuffed with the shot of blue to pink.

Thanks for the input chaps. keeeeeeep practising!

Comment

you don't know your own strength!

well done
        seems it is coming together for you
        Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
          you don't know your own strength!

well done
          seems it is coming together for you
          Thanks DeanH, yes it does seem to be coming together a bit more now. I have started to play a little slower of late. Instead of potting a ball and then scurrying round the table for the next shot, I walk around more slowly and deliberately stand behind the shot before walking in and my shots are much smoother now (rather than jabbing) and it has all made such a difference to my game. I took a right hammering in the first frame of my game last Saturday, in fact I conceded with the last four colours still on the table. However, with my new calm and relaxed approach I went on to win the next four frames.
          Thanks to all on here for the valuable pointers.

Comment

lost one battle, but won the war!
            Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Working...
            X