Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eye alignment

Bear with me..
    Blue on spot. Cue ball on baulk line in dead line to far corner pocket.
    Cue placed on table in a dead straight line to pot blue and fixed in position.
    Head brought down to sight the pot but leaving cue on table.
    As head is brought down into line it eventually touches the static resting cue with the chin.

I found it touched the cue about an inch to the right of centre. But when I tried cueing with it in this position as oppose to normal centre positioning (for me) everything looked off and I couldn't pot a thing..
    What do you reckon chaps?

Hmm. Big debate this one so can end up even more confusing.

I guess I would ask where you cue with it normally as if you now have a new position your brain will be saying hey, something's different here.

I've tried a few methods over the years, put it in the centre of the chin and the brain will work the rest out and also the find the dominant eye one and favour the cue position there.

Either way, it will take a hell of a lot of sessions to let the brain retrain itself to accept the new position and not make allowances against what it had before.

I am slightly right eye dominant and after a lot of pain over this finally settled on an inch toward my right eye from centre.

I would ask yourself whether what you have at the moment is broken before you go down this line as you may fill yourself with a lot of doubt and then struggle to get back to where you were.
    Snooker Crazy - Cues and Equipment Sales Website
    Snooker Crazy - Facebook Page
    Snooker Crazy - You Tube Channel

Comment

what i would say is , find the position that allows you to cue straight which might not look straight. and then just stick to it until it becomes ingrained and part of your setup :ambivalence:

Comment

Originally Posted by Shockerz View Post
        Hmm. Big debate this one so can end up even more confusing.

I guess I would ask where you cue with it normally as if you now have a new position your brain will be saying hey, something's different here.

I've tried a few methods over the years, put it in the centre of the chin and the brain will work the rest out and also the find the dominant eye one and favour the cue position there.

Either way, it will take a hell of a lot of sessions to let the brain retrain itself to accept the new position and not make allowances against what it had before.

I am slightly right eye dominant and after a lot of pain over this finally settled on an inch toward my right eye from centre.

I would ask yourself whether what you have at the moment is broken before you go down this line as you may fill yourself with a lot of doubt and then struggle to get back to where you were.
        Well, I've only been playing less than a year so my habits are fairly flexible but i'm kind of erring towards Alibadi's advice rather than go through the pain of getting used to what is essentially an unnatural position. Like you I'm visually about one inch to the right eye. Very strange. Have you been able to adjust yourself?

Comment

Originally Posted by hollowmoon View Post
          Have you been able to adjust yourself?
          Yes, I adjusted my eye position and kept at it for around 6 months so I had given it a decent chance.

Snooker Crazy - Cues and Equipment Sales Website
          Snooker Crazy - Facebook Page
          Snooker Crazy - You Tube Channel

Comment

Originally Posted by hollowmoon View Post
            Bear with me..
            Blue on spot. Cue ball on baulk line in dead line to far corner pocket.
            Cue placed on table in a dead straight line to pot blue and fixed in position.
            Head brought down to sight the pot but leaving cue on table.
            As head is brought down into line it eventually touches the static resting cue with the chin.

I found it touched the cue about an inch to the right of centre. But when I tried cueing with it in this position as oppose to normal centre positioning (for me) everything looked off and I couldn't pot a thing..
            What do you reckon chaps?
            It's called hand/eye co-ordination for a reason, you didn't use your hands as the cue was resting on the table and one doesn't happen without the other. How you hold the cue has a bearing on whether the butt of the cue is on the line of aim as you might cock your wrist in or out and just putting your head over the cue won't relate this to your brain because you're not holding anything. Your brain knows a lot more on a subconscious level than you realise and to overide it is a bad idea.

Most people who believe they have sighting issues don't, they have stance issues and are simply standing in the wrong place; therefore they have the butt of the cue slightly off the line of aim with the tip to the centre of the cue ball and are thus cueing across the line of aim by a small margin, which becomes larger over distance.
            Sort out your stance so that the butt of the cue is bang on the line of aim and your natural sighting won't be an issue but a bonus as you hand will follow your eyes down a straight line rather than across it.
            Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
            but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

Working...
            X