Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Training Ball ( Barry Stark you-tube)

https://youtu.be/y6iryGvE9zA
    Any comments on the training ball which Barry Stark is using? Its a bit different from the Nic Barrow training ball which has 9 vertical and 9 horizontal points to hit. Barry seems to be suggesting that 9 is too many?

I like it but when I searched for ICue training ball it was only available in USA.
    Snooker is a game of simple shots played to perfection, Joe Davies

Comment

You’re right John. The guy is a pool player from USA and he sells pool Training cue balls via his website. Think his plan is to bring out a snooker training ball to compete with the Nick Barrow ball. Probably sent one to Barry Stark to get some feedback. Not sure if cost of postage from USA to UK will be a problem for him if he wants to sell to UK customers. The Nick Barrow ball is quite expensive so he might be able to make his cheaper even with the higher postage cost.
      Question is.....Is it any better or worse than the Nick Barrow ball? Also do these training balls help with your practice?
      i know a few people who tried out the Nick Barrow ball for a while but found it a bit of a distraction.

Comment

Originally Posted by Nifty50 View Post
        You’re right John. The guy is a pool player from USA and he sells pool Training cue balls via his website. Think his plan is to bring out a snooker training ball to compete with the Nick Barrow ball. Probably sent one to Barry Stark to get some feedback. Not sure if cost of postage from USA to UK will be a problem for him if he wants to sell to UK customers. The Nick Barrow ball is quite expensive so he might be able to make his cheaper even with the higher postage cost.
        Question is.....Is it any better or worse than the Nick Barrow ball? Also do these training balls help with your practice?
        i know a few people who tried out the Nick Barrow ball for a while but found it a bit of a distraction.
        Well we all like a gadget Nifty, I ended up with the NB practice ball and I used it once I took it to the workies Table and and used it for about 2 mins, also it was slightly bigger than the snooker balls on the table???? I ended up with a set of these https://www.jimmy.com/mini-trainer much cheaper and I can use them on the ironing board I liked the Icue trainer for it's simplicity.

In my case it didn't help a great deal but that may be down to not realy understanding how to use it.
        Snooker is a game of simple shots played to perfection, Joe Davies

Comment

Working...
        X