Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chris Henry Training Ball.

https://www.tripledddsports.com/prod...training-balls
    Anyone had a look at this yet? Heard Murphy was using it.

Are these some kind of weighted balls that won't run straight if not hit perfectly? Could do with some explanation if they are as all I can see is a red ball and a white ball.

Comment

Someone told me that the white was very light and you had to hit it exact centre or it would veer off line. Not sure if this is correct. Was hoping someone else could advise. Not really much of an explanation on the website.

Comment

Matt Selt did a little bit bit about them on Instagram with Chris Henry from what I can remember you are correct, light white ball that shows off centre striking. Possibly there is more to it than that but it seems that is main point of them. Selt does a simple straight screw shot with the white on the balk line by the time it bounces off the balk cushion it is well offline

Comment

I’ve used ‘The Balls’ myself and they are 2 light balls each with a little weight inside the balls so they sit on the weight each time and obviously any little trace of side will throw the balls off quite dramatically to either side

Comment

I saw Chris Henry demonstrate this ball with Steve Davis yesterday. Chris said the ball weighed 17 grammes so emphasised non centre striking.
            iInterestingly he said that “normal” snooker balls were 143 grammes. None of my sets are that heavy. Anyone got a set this heavy?

Comment

a reply I got from Saluc some years ago was that TCs could be anywhere from 139g to 143g
              the heaviest in my set is 141g

"Chris said the ball weighed 17 grammes", is it a table tennis ball?
              Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

any player will tell you if they turn up at a club and its a light white its gonna be a long night

Comment

I tried these a couple of days back. They are made of plastic and very light. I was able to pot the cue ball in the pocket a few times before I started putting unwanted side and the cue ball deflected or missed the pocket. I would say they are very expensive but a good self training aid. I was sent a link to try all the routines with these balls. Need to try them soon.

Comment

Working...
                  X