Terry Griffiths Snooker Coach

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Terry Griffiths Snooker Coach

Thinking of taking a long drive down from Berkshire to have a lesson with Terry in Wales. Just wondering if anyone has any experience of working with him and if it is money well spent.

?250 an hour isn’t he ? Would be very good I’m sure , but WS accredited coaches I know are between ?25-?30 an hour .
    Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Actually he charges ?120 per hr which isn't too bad when you consider his experience in coaching. I was more concerned about the distance to get to him. I'm open to recommendations if anyone has good experiences with other top coaches not far from me.

Comment

That is cheaper than I was informed previously , would be a fantastic experience though .
        Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Originally Posted by KEYSTONE123 View Post
          Actually he charges ?120 per hr which isn't too bad when you consider his experience in coaching. I was more concerned about the distance to get to him. I'm open to recommendations if anyone has good experiences with other top coaches not far from me.
          I went to Steve Barton back in November for a 4 hour coaching session. Cost me ?140 and I gotta say it was money well spent. The in depth analysis he does is superb. He video records the routines you do on the day and sends you links for you to watch them back when you get home.

Along with a full written report afterwards with changes you've made etc and practice routines to go away and work on.

It was a very enjoyable experience and my games improved with the changes we've made so would highly recommend.

Steve if you're reading. Commission please

Dave (aka CueBald)
          Maximus Legend Plus : Ebony butt with Ovangkol front wedge and thick maple veneer : Premium ash shaft : Tip 9.45 mm Talisman Trinity Soft, length 58″, weight 18.4 oz, butt diameter 29.4 mm, balance 18″

Comment

I am also in Berkshire and many years ago the in-laws got me a couple of hours with Wayne Griffiths, Terry's son, and it was a very good session but a long way to go
            Terry popped in to say hi
            I may be wrong but I thought Terry had retired from coaching "Joe Public" and any way when he did coach the pros he was more only the lines of the psychological part of the game and not "this is how to hold a cue"
            Not sure but is Wayne back from Hong Kong or is he still the director/head coach of the snooker academy there?

Since those times I have been to see Tim Dunkley (snookerdad here on TSF) down at Chandlers Ford snooker club, great bloke, good coach and reasonable rates
            Recommend him anytime - and only 35mins down the M3 for me
            Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Thanks for the advice and recommendations. Booked in with Terry later next week and will let you know how it goes.

Comment

Originally Posted by KEYSTONE123 View Post
                Thanks for the advice and recommendations. Booked in with Terry later next week and will let you know how it goes.
                Good luck with it but I think as Dean H mentioned a lot of what Terry does is keep really top pros head right - often doesn't work on the technical aspects, that's not to say he can't work on technical aspects with you it might just be an expensive lesson for no greater benefit than you would get from any other good coach. My only advice would be have a good look in the mirror and really get to grips with what the strengths and weaknesses are in your game. Terry can then see you play and work with you accordingly, not sure how experienced you are with working with coaches but ultimately to see any benefit you need to implement the change through strict hard graft not slipping back into bad habbits etc.....enjoy it mate it will be a great experience either way.

Comment

I look forward to a post afterwards
                  Have fun Keystone
                  Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by sk1nnym0nkey View Post

I went to Steve Barton back in November for a 4 hour coaching session. Cost me ?140 and I gotta say it was money well spent. The in depth analysis he does is superb. He video records the routines you do on the day and sends you links for you to watch them back when you get home.

Along with a full written report afterwards with changes you've made etc and practice routines to go away and work on.

It was a very enjoyable experience and my games improved with the changes we've made so would highly recommend.

Steve if you're reading. Commission please

Dave (aka CueBald)
                    Ha! Thanks Dave! Much appreciated.

As you have said above, I always give a very thorough analysis of a players game, along with lots of paperwork and things to practice after our session together.
                    WPBSA Level 2 - 1st4Sport Coach
                    Available for personalised one-to-one coaching sessions
                    --------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

I can verify having a coaching session with Steve is a great experience, in fact i'm going back there next week.
                      Terry is of course also a legend, must be nice meeting with him, but ?120/hour would be too much for me.

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                        I am also in Berkshire and many years ago the in-laws got me a couple of hours with Wayne Griffiths, Terry's son, and it was a very good session but a long way to go
                        Terry popped in to say hi
                        I may be wrong but I thought Terry had retired from coaching "Joe Public" and any way when he did coach the pros he was more only the lines of the psychological part of the game and not "this is how to hold a cue"
                        Not sure but is Wayne back from Hong Kong or is he still the director/head coach of the snooker academy there?

Since those times I have been to see Tim Dunkley (snookerdad here on TSF) down at Chandlers Ford snooker club, great bloke, good coach and reasonable rates
                        Recommend him anytime - and only 35mins down the M3 for me
                        I've had many a lesson with Tim, can't recommend him highly enough and very reasonable rates.
                        Snooker Crazy - Cues and Equipment Sales Website
                        Snooker Crazy - Facebook Page
                        Snooker Crazy - You Tube Channel

Comment

Working...
                        X