Line up top break

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Line up top break

Using the line up more and more as my go to practise routine. Just wondered what everyone's top break is considering alot of red are away from black....

I don't count my line breaks any more as I made a lot of clearances and tons at the top of the table, try lining up the reds at the baulk end, much more difficult, damn pesky green and yellow are always in the way and I've never cleared the table this way, rarely get to fifty, but that's quite a few pots taking mainly baulk colours.
    Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
    but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

I don't count anymore, but remember my best because I cleared the last 8 reds and all the colours for 82. Someone once said to me "just see how many misses you can complete a line up in" The idea being you don't best yourself up when you miss you just put the ball in the pocket with your hand and carry on as if you didn't miss. It stops frustration building and still makes the routine worthwhile when you miss. That 82 session was my best in that respect too, as I missed twice.

Not brilliant I know, but I'm not the best with routines as I get bored and lose focus. I feed off the buzz of a real break in a game, but am still a big advocate of the routine.
      ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Originally Posted by vmax View Post
        I don't count my line breaks any more as I made a lot of clearances and tons at the top of the table, try lining up the reds at the baulk end, much more difficult, damn pesky green and yellow are always in the way and I've never cleared the table this way, rarely get to fifty, but that's quite a few pots taking mainly baulk colours.
        Yeah not thought of that, think ill try it. I just find it really usefull way to keep focused. To often my concentration goes and my practise becomes sporadic. So far my best is 129 clearance, but hoping to get it near the 140 mark within a few weeks...well try anyway!...keep safe everyone.

Comment

143 , 13 blacks two blues, I only done that as I was so frustrated trying to make a 147, I thought I will set a target and it might help, it didn't I still haven't made one.. Been down to the brown twice on a 147 but missed them, well went in off in the middle on one and just twitched like a mad man on the other. I still have a go at it every now and again and enjoy it when I do, it's a great exercise.
          i do a 4-6-5 set up.
          This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
          https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

I've had a 135 clearance in the line up
            147 in a T version of the line up

Videos on my YouTube channel - search CueBald
            Maximus Legend Plus : Ebony butt with Ovangkol front wedge and thick maple veneer : Premium ash shaft : Tip 9.45 mm Talisman Trinity Soft, length 58″, weight 18.4 oz, butt diameter 29.4 mm, balance 18″

Comment

Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
              143 , 13 blacks two blues, I only done that as I was so frustrated trying to make a 147, I thought I will set a target and it might help, it didn't I still haven't made one.. Been down to the brown twice on a 147 but missed them, well went in off in the middle on one and just twitched like a mad man on the other. I still have a go at it every now and again and enjoy it when I do, it's a great exercise.
              i do a 4-6-5 set up.
              When you say 4-6-5? Have set it up 2 near black cushion, 5 between black and pink, 6 pink to blue and 2 baulk side of blue.

Comment

understand why a lot of members not bothering to post much these days, but would be great to hear from throtts pottr Danger Steve and others either building snooker rooms or already luckily still playing at home, how they are doing.:snooker:

Next time i get my cue out and play a game with my group of snooker players.... im going to appreciate it like never before.
                ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post
                  Next time i get my cue out and play a game with my group of snooker players.... im going to appreciate it like never before.
                  I just cant wait to get to the club.

My friend is the manager and I have said to him let me in when he goes into tidy up - but no
                  Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post

I just cant wait to get to the club.

My friend is the manager and I have said to him let me in when he goes into tidy up - but no
                    im fully supportive of the measures, but there must come a time after a few weeks and the peak begins to fall where we can trust sensible people to take reasonable measures to avoid each other around a 12 foot table maybe we can gain some sanity.....hopefully ... even if its reduced numbers on a rota etc etc.

Lets face it 1 hour a week is better than none and a club needs income! another issue that concerns me.....
                    ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Originally Posted by cueboy777 View Post

When you say 4-6-5? Have set it up 2 near black cushion, 5 between black and pink, 6 pink to blue and 2 baulk side of blue.
                      I do four reds between top cushion and black, then six between black and pink and five between pink and blue, I don't have any balls above the blue.

Comment

I do four reds between top cushion and black, then six between black and pink and five between pink and blue, I don't have any balls above the blue.
                        fantastic cue ball control there, i do two reds between black and top cush. So little room for error but thats the name of the game! well done, thats practice playing off.
                        ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

If I did that on the clubs match table I'd spend all day trying to pot the four reds topside of the black, pockets are far too tight for that.
                          Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
                          but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

Originally Posted by vmax View Post

If I did that on the clubs match table I'd spend all day trying to pot the four reds topside of the black, pockets are far too tight for that.
                            To be fair you have to take care walking past our pockets as you could easily fall into one
                            Last edited by itsnoteasy; 2 April 2020, 03:01 PM.

Comment

I've made lots of line up maximums, actually found it more challenging trying to clear the line up using baulk colours only.
                              "just tap it in":snooker:

Comment

Working...
                              X